7.29.2006

stolen

i would love to post some pictures of the fun i had thursday night. i got to teach a freezer paper stencil workshop to the high school girls at my church. it was fun and they loved it, and i took pictures. but the funny thing is my camera got stolen out of my car. guess what else got stolen? my iron! yup. i had my iron in there for the stencils and i guess the thief thought it would get them a buck at the thrift store maybe. well sorry to tell you thief, the iron is pretty sucky. it leaks water like mad, and sometimes leaves brown rusty stains on things. sorry. im sure the camera will get you a nice chunk of change. and the jump drive that was in the camera bag as well. what i really cant figure out is why you thought it necessary to take my bag of chex mix. i was really looking forward to tasting the new sweet and salty peanut butter chocolate mix. i hope it was good. i guess i really shouldnt complain all that much, considering the fact that i get creeped out thinking about some stranger in my garage. and actually i should be thankful that you didnt just take the whole car or heaven forbid, come in the house. so all in all, i guess the camera, iron and chex mix is a fair trade. thanks.

12 Comments:

Blogger donna said...

holy cow! that is the creepiest thing i've heard in a while. somebody else going through your things...and delicious snacks. no fank you. i'm so sorry!! but hey, at least you have that chocolate bag to fall back on from monday! Mmmm...tasty thoughts.

9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! That is terrible! I'm so sorry this happened. And to take your snack too. Sometimes people really suck!

10:25 PM  
Blogger bet(h) said...

hannah, i am so angry for you! yes, there are things to be thankful for, of course, but it's frickin WRONG, too. when my apartment was broken into, it was so frustrating, thinking of someone rifling through my personal things, not caring what they might mean, just looking for (possible) profit. riles me up. so you be thankful. and i'll be angry. :)

may something heavy fall on the culprit(s).

10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What sad news!

6:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's horrible! I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm always worried about losing my camera, especially after I've taken a bunch of fun pictures. And I agree that it's creepy to think about that guy in your garage, going through your things. Ugh. Glad to hear that you had fun teaching stenciling, even if you don't have the pictures to show for it.

8:45 AM  
Blogger molly | mommycoddle.com said...

ugh! sucks. i'm going to miss your lovely pictures! that chex mix sounds really yummy tho, I guess I don't blame them.
and it sounds like your iron and mine were separated at birth!

(will your insurance cover the camera? renters/homeowners? maybe? just a thought.)

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am SO sorry. i hope the iron leaked rusty water all over his or her (probably stolen) outfit. and may they choke on the chexmix®. kidding!

kinda.

our really expensive digital camera was stolen off dh's desk at work. crazy. he was stupid to leave it there but still. that one is still painful to talk about.

4:27 PM  
Blogger laura capello said...

Oh my. I'm so sorry to hear about your camera.

Karma's gonna kick that person in the hiney one day. *Maybe* just *maybe* they'll have an allergic reaction to the chex mix! That would be poetic justice!

6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, Hannah. That sucks. You're handling it a lot more gracefully than I would.

May whoever took the stuff drop the iron on his/her toe then bite their cheek really hard eating the chex mix. (That's about as nasty as I can get.)

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is total crap.

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh sweetie. i am so sorry!! my camera was stolen once years ago and i have still not gotten over it.

9:43 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

oh hannah! i am so sorry. we had our whole car stolen out of our car-port almost a year ago now. felt so violate. missed the stuff in the car more than the car itself. taught me to never leave too much in the car. and that stuff is - well stuff. and so greatful, like you that they didn't come into the house. i feel your pain. xo

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home