7.17.2006

summer for real

i love summer, everyone knows it. but sometimes i forget what the midwest likes to deliver. 99 degrees with a heat index of 112. yum. and you know, it really isnt that bad laying in a pool, but unfortunately going to the pool with three kids by myself is not something i can do. i can do a lot of things with three kids, go to costco, get groceries, even brave the fabric store, but the pool i can not do. mainly because it could result in death. so here we are stuck inside. bleh. we did manage to get to the spray park on saturday with kristen and margot, that was really fun, but not quite the same as lazing in a pool. oh well. next weekend, i promised eliot we would definitely go to the big pool next weekend when dad is home. it really was a good weekend. friday involved friends, dinner, loooots of carbs (yum!) and rummikub. i love board games, sorry is a big hit around here, and rummikub. those are the two standards. i think the reason i like them so much is that they dont involve a ton of brain power, so you can conversation and be silly while playing. excellent.

and this girl. she hit the five month mark on saturday! five months??? wow.
what?
seriously? five months has gone by already? man. what is miss arlo jane up to you might ask (even though you are not, i am going to tell you anyway because this is as close to a baby book as she is going to get) rolling over, check, holding that massive head up, check, experimenting with rice cereal, check, falling off the bed, check (reference the first achievement), found her voice, check, being generally disgustingly cute in all things, check. she really wants to get places but it is pretty tough when you are hauling around a load like this.
big load
ha! although those leg rolls are pretty darn munchable. they also fall into the running category of things that are adorable on babies but not so much for adults. you know, things like onesies, eating your hand, drool and head wobbling. not good for adults, but you get a baby doing those things and people just go crazy.

i am sorry to say that i dont have a picture of my completed doll to share. i did stay up late crafting on saturday, but i also watched harry potter and the goblet of fire. i often caught myself holding the needle and floss in midair for long stretches of time. tomorrow, i promise.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, the pool is tough. I've been going with my almost 2 and the older ones, but I am in a state of Constant Fear and don't enjoy myself/relax the entire time. Although I will say the pool we go to in OP (Marty) has a great sandbox/petri-dish area for the little ones and mine are still content to putter, splash a little in the zero depth area, putter in the sand some more, etc.

I will NOT go to the fabric store with mine. very impressed that you make it there. no way, no how.

cute munchable thighs :) I really miss those...

estea

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh! Love the thigh rolls. And I'm happy to hear you still manage to go the fabric store with three children. I keep wondering how I will manage to get around if we ever have another child. You give me great hope my dear!

2:28 PM  
Blogger laura capello said...

My boys love the fabric store. Maybe it's the legos, or maybe it has tons of places to hide from mommy. Or maybe it's the nice older ladies doting on them all the time.

Arlo looks quite scrumptious.

2:37 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Hannah!
You make me laugh! Actually a onesie sounds pretty damn good right about now. . . It's so damn hot out here!!!

And yay for a fun-filled five months. She's such a sweetie!

4:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

last time i was at the depot, sam found a bolt of pink fabric he like and marched around with it for a good while looking for the cutting table.

i'm glad you put some arlo up cuz i was jonesin' a bit and feeling like maybe you'd forgotten the rest of us like that little face. a lot.

4:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

those leg rolls? Um, way cute. So cute. And I'm so glad to read that I'm not the only mum with a blog as the closest thing my kids will get to a baby book. Oh, you want to know what you weighed at 6 months. Hmn, well, I can tell you what I made you to WEAR at six months! ha! Do you think that will be enough?

5:07 PM  
Blogger Heidijayhawk said...

as a mom of three that are a wee bit older, i can tell you there is light at the end of the tunnel! mine are 9, 7, and 3. we go swimming at the big pool all of the time. started last year alone. Once elliot can be trusted in the water your life will get a ton easier...in reference to swimming that is!

5:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is SOOO stinkin' cute!

5:57 PM  
Blogger molly | mommycoddle.com said...

oh my--the pool with three--stress overload.
and that is a lovely display of baby rolls, my all time favorite type of roll, really...should we talk about the stuff that gets trapped inside those cute baby rolls?!!
happy five months. time surely does fly, doesn't it?

6:14 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

Margot and I so enjoyed the spray park. And anytime you want to brave the pool, I'd be happy to help you keep an eye on those adorable Huffsters! I'm not sure how you do the fabric store with 3 of them though...I have a hard enough time keeping Margot from spilling beads all over the floor when I'm at Urban A+C. That's why I reveled in the time I had at Sarah's last week BY MYSELF!

9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arlo is just so beautiful! I'm impressed that you do the fabric shop with 3 kids, too - I find it a little stressful sometimes with just one in tow! You're a star!

9:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, how on earth do you manage the fabric store with three? I wouldn't even dare to take two. In fact, I don't even like taking one. But the pool, on a nearly 100-degree day? I'd find a friend and go anyhow. Two grown-ups could manage four or five littles. Er... maybe...

10:57 AM  
Blogger AscenderRisesAbove said...

could that baby BE any sweeter???!

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home