7.14.2006

WIP

WIP
i know that i said i was trying to avoid WIP friday, but here i am. i did manage to get the apron done for vikkie so that is good. this little lady is going to another little lady i know once i get the details done. i have to admit that this is take two on this. i made the most boneheaded mistake ever in sewing. i cut out both pieces of the body facing the same way! so when i went to line them up right sides facing, of course they didnt match. stupid, stupid, stupid. of course i didnt catch this mistake until i had already sewn on the head and limbs, so i just scratched that one completely and started over last night. david is out of town again this week until sunday so i imagine i will have one really late night of sewing on saturday. which is good because i have other projects waiting that i didnt have the heart to take pictures of by the time i gave up last night at midnight.

on a somewhat related note, i have hit a wall with pumping. how is that related? well, because my nursing cycle really starts to compete with my crafting cycle. since this is my third go round with nursing and pumping i am trying not to stress out too much. basically arlo has caught up with me supply-wise. which means i have to get off my lazy bum and start pumping more either at work or worse yet, set and alarm and get up in the middle of the night to pump. bleck. although this could end up working out in favor of crafting. last night instead of going to bed at a decent hour and setting an alarm, i just stayed up working on a project and then pumped at midnight and then went to bed. either way it sucks, but what else is there to do? at least i get some crafting done as well, right? i also started slamming fenugreek capsules again. this really helped me out with both eliot and collette, by keeping my production going for the last six months. if you have no idea what i am talking about and might be a nursing mother someday, read this article. the only drawback? it makes your body smell like maple syrup. seriously, like my skin just oozes maple syrup smell, which i guess if you like maple syrup is ok. i like maple syrup only on pancakes, not in candy or anything scented, so this makes me kind of gag at myself for a few months. kids. the lengths we go to for them. there you have it. i doubt very many of you were planning on reading a post about my milk production, but hey, my banner does say "a day in the life" and this is what my life is revolving around right now. have a wonderful weekend all. it is going to be a scorcher here in kc. time to head to the spray park!

9 Comments:

Blogger molly | mommycoddle.com said...

Ilove the little bits of crafting that I'm seeing the picture. what fun prints, too!
and hello?! you are a pumping superhero--that you'd even ponder waking up in the middle of the night to pump? wow. go girl.
i've heard beer is good for the ol' supply. my husband always likes to tell that to the ladies when he cracks open a beer. (that sounded like he's some crass old man, he's really the exact opposite, he just enjoys that little factoid.)

1:22 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Good on you. I livein Canada and we have a year for maternity leave so I never had to do much pumping, but in the very beginning I did do the hebal thing and yup, maple syrup. I also drank one flat Guiness a day. It worked, because the baby is now one and a half and I'm having a heck of a time weaning.

Anyway, you're a seasoned pro at this by now, but good luck anyway.

3:17 PM  
Blogger Maryrose said...

I am going through the exact same thing. My baby Otis never latched and I have pumped for almost four months now and over the last week I have noticed a decline in my milk production and he is beginning to want more. We have used up all the frozen milk and I have had to add a formula feed pver the last two days. I would like to be back to just breast milk. When I first started I took fenugreek for three days and have just started again. I was wondering do you take the herb everyday or on three day periods as I was told to do? Also do you have any other tips for me.

3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate pumping. That's all I have to say. At least this go round I can sit in front of the computer and read blogs while I pump. But still.

7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't mind reading about your pumping, good for you! I just watched a lame thing on breastfeeding on 20/20. Why is this making news? I mean really. Doesn't everyone know its better? Whatever.

Have you tried mothers milk tea? Maybe anise makes you gag too. Also Penta water, though expensive, did work for me. It absorbs better into your boy than plain water.

8:56 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Oh I remember the maple syrup smelling days! :) I was downing fenugreek and fennel like a mad woman! It really does help, though!

And water. . . make sure you're drinking it like mad! :)

11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i must be the only person that fenugreek crap didn't work on. i have a funny/awful story to tell you about my friend and pumping. remind me sometime.

9:38 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

What's wrong with having a "work in progress" on Friday. I think I'm missing something...is this some new term in the craftblog world that I've missed?

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hannah, you are a great mom!! way to put arlo's needs in front of your own. i'm finding that the first year goes too quickly and smelling like maple syrup has to be worth it.

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home