7.19.2006

mission completion!

ok. i have been watching too much little einsteins lately. nevertheless i have managed to get two things crossed off my list. the list in my head if you were wondering. i havent blogged the list because i am afraid to look at in its entirety. anywho, i got these thank you notes done yesterday for all the wonderful friends that surprised me on my birthday with the most lovely of mixers. kitchenthankyou
i thought the kitchen theme very appropriate. i am telling you ladies, throw away those glue sticks! the specs: pool 4bar scallop card with a red 4bar envelope from papersource. image printed on regular paper and stitched on by yours truly. looking at this i realize that i am slightly obsessed with the pool/red combo. it just looks so stinkin' good together. what i really should do is translate it to a skirt one of these days. put it on the list!

this little lady was also finished a few days ago. please meet elinor.
elinor
elinor is a belated birthday gift for my friend margot. her mom kristen is coming over to craft tonight so elinor will be going to her new home soon, and i figured that margot probably wont be checking this blog so the surprise isnt fully out of the bag yet. oh and kristen, margot is certainly welcome to give her a new name. i was debating on molly, david voted for sally or flower crotch. in the end elinor won out. anyway, i put some more pictures up on flickr because this is my first successful softie attempt! i am thinking that my previous problems are all do to a lack of pattern. figures. and of course i must thank the genius behind all of this. i mean for goodness sakes, she came up with these!
elinor's shoes
thank you hillary! you really are a genius...

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet thank you cards! I love the Pool/Red combo. And Elinor is adorable...Sally/Flower Crotch...hilarious!

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

way to go hannah! your first official softie! i LOVE it! can't wait to see it in person.

11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome thank you cards. Love the oval shape and stitching!

And what a sweetie Elinor is. Love the dress fabric so much too!

12:08 PM  
Blogger molly | mommycoddle.com said...

you didn't name her molly? are you kidding me?!
I love, love those thank you cards. Amen to throwing away the glue sticks!!

6:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great cards! i instantly thought of this alex katz painting - may it inspire you if you haven't seen it before (i SO want a print):

http://www.austinchronicle.com/issues/dispatch/2003-03-28/arts_feature.html

elinor is quite sweet, too.

estea

7:56 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

Hannah, Margot LOVES Elinor (I don't think I caught her name last night at your house, so I'm glad I picked that up here...I'll be sure to tell Margot when she wakes up). I handed her to Margot this morning when she woke up and said she was a birthday gift from Hannah. She immediately gave Elinor a kiss and started carrying her around chanting, "Hannah, Hannah, Hannah." Elinor may get a new name by default. Thanks so making Margot such a sweet present!

3:39 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

I love your cards, Hannah! And Pool is one of my fave colors over at PS! And the blue + red combos? One of my faves too!

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home