7.05.2006

maturity and a mixer

kristen and the cupcakes
thank you all so much for your birthday wishes. i sent replies to every comment that i could find an email for, and for those that i could not, thank you again! what a day, what a week, whew! it is hard to believe that just a week ago some of my favorite people got together to bake 120 cupcakes! that is cutie kristen peeking through in that picture, and you can hardly tell she is 31 weeks pregnant! happy birthday kristen, thank you so much for sharing your day with me! i posted some more pictures from the party on flickr, but be forewarned, there are pig pictures there. i will fully admit that looking at a roast pig is entirely different from eating roasted pork. one is disgusting and the other heavenly. and even though the invitations specifically said no gifts, our amazing friends surprised kristen and me with something we had both been wanting for ever and ever. for me it was this lovely lovely item in pistachio. oh man. it makes me feel guilty how much i love this mixer and how much i wanted it. seriously. and kristen received a set of dishes that she had been coveting from anthropologie for ages. very sneaky guys, and very much appreciated! dear david also surprised me with dinner, a movie and secretly had the girls at papersource make a bouquet of paper flowers for me. what a guy!

as for being thirty, seems pretty good so far. i mean, my joints hurt and i have grey hair, but i had that at 29 so whats the big deal? and for the record, yes that is all of my hair in that picture, and yes i was joking around with the camera, i did not leave the house with that bow stuck on my head like that. although i did leave the house in that huuuuge tampa bay sweatshirt and stirrup pants all the time. so there. hope everyone had a wonderful holiday yesterday. im getting ready to tackle some big blog things, watch out...

oh and ps. not to make you crazy jealous, but this showed up at my doorstep on saturday, just so you know. thank you again a million times amy.

5 Comments:

Blogger laura capello said...

okay, i should have totally taken your advice on the pig pictures.

but your birthday present is lovely!

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa...those pig photos almost converted me over to vegetarianism [I'm sure I just made up that word!]. But of course, I did enjoy some tasty bacon this morning... Sounds like you had a lovely birthday...ooh and I love the mixer!

2:59 PM  
Blogger molly | mommycoddle.com said...

i think loving a mixer that much is surely a sign of old age...but i love mine, too...so that's puts me in the same boat! love pistachio. so fun and vintage looking.
i'm going now to look at these pig pix...i think i can handle it!
can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve for this here blog....

6:37 PM  
Blogger donna said...

so many cupcakes! i never knew making that many cupcakes could be so fun. :) it was so great to celebrate with you this weekend! i can't wait to taste some of the delicious treats that will come from that mixer. :)

4:02 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

Not a group of women I'd rather make 10 dozen cupcakes with. I haven't gotten around to posting a photo of my dishes yet, but I'll second that we do have amazing (and sneaky) friends. And I am SO JEALOUS of that purse you received from Amy. I was seriously salivating over it on her blog -- such cute fabric and such a sweet size! Congrats!

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home