6.23.2006

...a la angry chicken

banana bread
lazy cake
had some girls come over last night so i thought i would kick it angry chicken style. busted out the BEST banana bread recipe ever. seriously, i have had horrible failures in the past, but not so with this one. oh dont worry, those are mini loaves, im not crazy enough to make four full sized loaves, mainly because i would easily eat two with a stick of butter myself. and of course the lazy cake, lemony gingery goodness with a few blackberries for fun. hot damn amy you have some fine baking skills. cant wait to burn my funny money on the mysterious "two recipes". if you have no idea what i am talking about, then go buy next months mailorder. i also doctored up a box of brownies with chocolate chips and espresso powder, mmm mmm. besides eating we got to give this sweet boy kisses.
sweet ethan
so nice to have mike and julie in town for a visit. if you have time, take a look at the international justice mission site. this is where mike has been interning with gary haugen for the last year. just incredible stuff.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

IJM is awesome! We've been supporting them for a while, Gary H. seems like the perfect leader for that org. My dh has been working on some pro bono designy/cartoony stuff for them forever but it's been stop and start as they figure out what it needs to be, exactly. (some kind of kid-oriented coloring pages for distribution at churches, I think. I really pay attention, don't I? :)

Sorry if I sound like a stalker here, since I've been blogging all of 5 minutes, but I just had to comment on IJM - I wish more people knew about the work they are doing.

Guess I should get in on the angry chicken mailorder deal since I ADORE her site, 'cept I'm scared it involves sewing of some sort. no dice...

estea, from OP,KS

p.s. mmmm banana bread.

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that lazy cake is really good, but it's the kind that makes you desperate for a frosty glass of lemonade to finish it off.

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lord, i wish i was at your house for dessert tonight.

7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you so much for hosting and making yummy desserts. ethan and i had a wonderful time! we love the huffmans!

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home