11.20.2007

just like that

easy peasy
really, just like that. so easy. i have been rolling some ideas around in my head for simple gifts. i told you this. im being repetitve, but this is par for the course, just ask david. anyway, i think it was on lena's blog where i first saw something similar, but cant for the life of me find the link now. i do this ALL THE TIME. see something online and think to myself, oh this is so cool and memorable that there is no way i will forget it, bookmark? pshaw. who needs stupid bookmarks? uh yeah. i do. but seriously folks. these are so freaking easy it would be a sin not to make some. i go to church, i know what sin means. so march over to your craft space, cut out two eight inch (or bigger, make a trivet!) squares and some sort of little strip for a hanging loop, two eight inch squares of batting. stitch it, leaving a space to turn it right side out and then quilt the crap out of that piece. i did squares because straightish lines are the easiest in my opinion. but do whatever. boom. pot holder. so, the cats out of the bag dear friends of mine (that are reading this) because you will all be getting one of these. paired with a little something to nibble of course. i guess that leaves a little bit of surpise in the mix huh?

7 Comments:

Blogger vwiese said...

you make me want to learn to sew!!! LOVE THEM

2:32 PM  
Blogger MWM said...

I LOVE fast. these are cool. I thought they were coasters...which would be another quick one...

2:46 PM  
Blogger lisa solomon said...

um YEAH!
who wouldn't want one of those?
;)

6:55 PM  
Blogger andrea said...

super cute, pretty mama. hey, you should see my bookmarks. they are way out of control. sort of an offshoot of my obsessive list-making, only with about a hundred different categories and then sub-categories and then seriously, subSUB-categories. but I swear, I can find anything within seconds. ward doesn't believe this, but I swear I can.

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh....i heart the walking foot so much. great idea, hannah.

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I go to church. I know what sin is.

7:07 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

fantastic! xo

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home