11.07.2007

i knew you could do it

and now we wait
wow thank you so much! so many good book suggestions, i started a list for myself and a shorter wish list on amazon for the grandmas. most excellent. also, i had forgotten about amy's toy post and went back to take a closer look at it. very very good reading if you are interested in handmade toys or buying well made things. we dont have too much plastic in the house anyway, a big tub of bristle blocks and of course the legos. eliot had accumulated (and broken) some plastic figures (transformers) that i really really REALLY thinned out the other day. all that to say that i also started a wish list for the grandmas at oompa toys, mostly because they had this feature and lets be honest, i have to make the internet as simple as possible for my mother. which will probably translate to me showing her the things online at my house (they have dial up at home...), her picking some things she likes, and me "buying" it with her credit card. does anyone else have to do this?? eah. whatever. she sure is cute.

did you all happen to look at molly's link in the comments to the christmas tins she gave out last year? good heaven above. that lady. sheesh. how do i make it on that list is my question?? i do like the idea of making lots of different things though. how fun. steph, granola? brilliant! molly, gingersnaps? duh. dare i admit that i dont like fudge? i know! i want to. i like chocolate. i just cant do the fudge. now fudge sauce, that is an entirely different matter. yum. anyway, until then have a cinnamon roll, wont you?

9 Comments:

Blogger Ali said...

My mother seems to have totally given up shopping for my family's presents. She just writes a cheque. I can see why, but it's not terribly joyful and just adds to my work list. Grumble, grumble - you can tell the festive season is just round the corner.

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i forgot about the year i made a dozen different varieties of shortbread - it was in a MSL. it was super easy and relatively fast.

5:04 PM  
Blogger Mama Urchin said...

A cinnamon roll? Why, yes.

5:11 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Hi! I just found your blog, it's lovely. I like your writing and your photos.

6:14 AM  
Blogger Alisha said...

Yum! Cinnamon rolls... I've been planning to send some time in the kitchen this afternoon and I may have figured out what to make. :)

My grandmother is so cute with the computer. She told my dad once that she was worried because her screen said "illegal operation," but she wasn't doing anything illegal. Another time she was worried someone was watching her because she could hear doors opening and closing (the sound AOL makes when people from your buddy list sign on or off). But she's really much more computer-savvy than most 80-year-olds.

6:56 AM  
Blogger bugheart said...

ooh
love
to join
you for
a cinnamon
roll.
wish i had
time to
bake more
during the
holidays...
damn the
academic
calendar!

6:04 PM  
Blogger lisa solomon said...

yes. i want a cinnamon roll - but can i have it sitting w/ you?? [and gwen since she wants to too?]

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A cinnamon roll? Hmmm... don't mind if I do. Many thanks in advance for such a delicious bite.

10:37 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Found you through other KC bloggers. I totally have to buy my mom's presents for her. She gives me a budget and a cc. Sometimes I check with her and other times I just buy. MY MIL likes to purchase her own gifts but I still give her a detailed list with websites, etc.

Cheers! LA

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home