2.20.2008

i like what i like

primary color love
i don't claim to know much about fashion, but i know what i like. i like color. bright colors. primary colors. don't get me wrong, i try to avoid looking like bozo the clown, but yellow sandals to jazz up a tshirt and jeans? yes please. so of course, this season bold colors seem to be in and i am so happy. those green flats from jcrew? they are giving me fits. fits i tell you. i look at them everyday online. maybe i will treat myself for my birthday, or collette's birthday, it comes sooner. someone emailed me once about my shoes, asking what in the world i wear them with. i think that is the problem, people get caught up trying to make it match somehow, but really, just throwing on a bright scarf or a pair of green flip flops just works. because lets face it, as much as we all love clothes and fashion and looking at pictures of beautiful people in amazing outfits, we wear jeans and tshirts everyday. and let me tell you, any color goes with jeans and tshirts. i promise. and you know what else? those bright sandals, or that yellow bag, or that red scarf, put it on and it will make you smile. i promise that too.

*i just found this link and i love it! put color in your house if you cant put it in your wardrobe, it will still make you smile.

11 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

I am with ya on color. It makes me happy. And JCrew has A LOT of color going on right now - perfect for spring!

3:05 PM  
Blogger house on hill road said...

those shoes are giving me fits too. when is collette's birthday? can i use that as my excuse?

5:42 PM  
Blogger beki said...

Oh yes please, give me the brights!

6:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh I love bright colors like those too! Great post!

8:35 PM  
Blogger vwiese said...

hey sister,
i just got that purse yesterday and I LOVE IT!!! I love those shoes too!!

Nice taste

8:45 AM  
Blogger lisa solomon said...

yes yes yes...

i think i might start looking at those shoes everyday now too....

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The shoes are on sale now. ;) I've been eyeing the silver ones for awhile now.

6:15 PM  
Blogger amisha said...

i love some bright shoes to jazz up a jeans/t-shirt combo... i realized the other day that i have developed something of a colorful flat addiction. very comfortable + they always make me smile. xo

9:39 AM  
Blogger bugheart said...

i am dying
for those shoes.
well,
actually
anything
kelly green
or
yellow.
maybe we
can have a
shoe-share.
xo

7:59 PM  
Blogger Blair said...

I was in J Crew yesterday and I was freaking out at all the color, and those flats! I settled for a bright blue belt and neutral T-shirts & pants, because I can't deny I'm pretty boringly practical that way.

7:27 AM  
Blogger Deirdre said...

I'd wear those green shoes with the blue dress and that yellow handbag. That's a fantastic outfit!

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home