9.13.2007

on stress and life

film.123
stress. it has been on the forefront of my mind for the last few weeks. sitting there, all mean and heavy. poking me and pinching me. making me mean and heavy. i dont like it. not one bit. i cant get rid of it. i know this. i accept this. things are too difficult for stress to go away. but i can mitigate you stress. i will apply definitions 1-4 to you. with relish. i am fighting back. in the good way. in the happy way.
film.122
because today while looking through some pictures (oh photography. i love you. you are light and happy) i realized that i am smarter than you stress. i am already beating you. because we can have a lazy saturday with coffee and juice and transformers and markers and scrap paper and little people and smiles and stories. and we win. pure and simple. so there. smile. right now. take that stress. listen to a good song. a song that makes you close your eyes. whatever. just be happy, ok? good.

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful post. I once read something that has always helped me to remember when Im all stressed out..."A situation is only stressful because we perceive it to be that way."
The mind is a powerful thing, you can make it do many many things!

10:36 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

oh how i love YOUR photography. they do put off a calm and serene feeling.

isn't it strange how, when we look at
our lives from the outside as a casual, impartial observer, things don't appear as severe as we've built them up to be? i wish i could remind my mind that sometimes.

11:53 AM  
Blogger eshu said...

bah, stress sucks...

i like what Susanna said, because i was going to say something along the same lines...

in one of my many readings of the past week on the subject of about a gajillion theories there was one that resonated with me... to paraphrase it went something like this...

every tough situation can be interpreted as a stress or a challenge, how we feel is related to how we deal.

maybe it won't help, so if it doesn't i'd be more than happy to email you whichever research article it came from ;)

wishing you serenity my friend!

12:05 PM  
Blogger andrea said...

you talking to Stress, I like that. very proactive, hannah. and a little badass, too. I'm thinking I should sit Stress down and have a similar discussion.

3:08 PM  
Blogger lisa solomon said...

big hugs and smiles to you!!!

6:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my! sending loads of good vibes your way. megxx

5:48 AM  
Blogger Blue Yonder said...

I love this post. Wishing you more lazy days and reflective moments :-)

6:18 AM  
Blogger cat collier martinez said...

oh yes! leave hannah alone, STRESS! may you have peace and comfort and rest and all things opposite of stress:)

7:19 AM  
Blogger MWM said...

y e s

12:46 PM  
Blogger molly | mommycoddle.com said...

"a song that makes you close your eyes" (or raise your hands)....works every time.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Victoria said...

Stress, it does get to you doesn't it. I feel myself getting stressed and try and rise about it, but I don't always succeed. I wish I could be better at winning against it more than I do, does meditation help?
Victoria

4:14 AM  
Blogger ke said...

i wonder if mitigating stress is as expensive as mitigating radon?

10:11 AM  
Blogger charlotte said...

your photography is indeed an antidote. it is light and happy. may the stress be away.

7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just checkin' in and sayin' hi. :) hope your week is going okay! megxx

6:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

new post please. i'm bored.

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just say no to stress!

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home