8.10.2006

more blue + red

apple
i had my first go at a two color freezer paper stencil last night. this tshirt was supposed to be for me, but is now going to our nanny. i botched the shirt i was making for her, and when i say botched, picture me dropping a paintbrush loaded with black ink on the front of the shirt. big black smears and lots of words that are not appropriate for children. oh well. our nanny totally deserves this, she has been absolutely wonderful and has made what was a scary situation for us (leaving the children with a "stranger") so easy and good. the huffsters adore her and so do we. david finishes up traveling next week and kristan will packing up to go back to college, so the timing was great. we love you kristan and will miss you dearly!

the design for this shirt was, um, shall we say, heavily borrowed from a pillow from this store, thank you john for the awesome link! sorry for the crummy picture, it was taken at work. i didnt have time to take some this morning at home because of course kristan showed up early. damn her for being so good.

11 Comments:

Blogger jen v said...

love the colors you picked for the shirt. Lucky nanny!

10:00 AM  
Blogger pixie sticks said...

incredible shirt! and love your new banner. How do you do that? Are you a secret html genius?? I use blogger too and can't figure that out.

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now who's working the tiny cuts? Very cute design, heavily borrowed or not.

What kind of paint are you using? The plain fabric paint I bought (Lumiere, I think) bleeds mercilessly. Their metallic stuff is great though.

12:58 PM  
Blogger stephanie said...

very, very cool! would make a great gocco print too.

3:12 PM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

loving the shirt
but really really had to say
how much i LOVE your new
banner!
beautiful!
:)

5:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, now you've upped the ante to 2 colors, and I *still* haven't gotten around to my first try (although I have the paint, brush, and shirt!)... really cute!

9:16 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Very fancy with the two colors, Hannah! :) These would look super cute gocco'ed too!

P.S. Thank John from me too! The link is great!

11:00 AM  
Blogger molly | mommycoddle.com said...

I haven't even done one color yet! I think I'm put off by cutting out the stencil or something. But this two color one is fantastic!!

And have I told you that I love the new banner. I feel like I'm lying on my back looking up into the sky with beautiful tinkly glass above me...love it...

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hannah, i love it.

9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE it. Looks like you are surrounded by blue + red. SO cute!

9:06 AM  
Blogger julieree said...

oh my goodness, i love that design. I need to work on my stencil paper technique. My last attempt was really rather unfortunate.

love the new banner too. I was admiring that picture last week when you posted it--such a cool angle.

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home