6.22.2006

count down to thirty...

you only turn thirty once....
exactly one week from today, i will be entering my 30's. i came to terms with this six months ago and now i am actually looking forward to it. what better excuse to throw a big party?? hence what i have dubbed the pig invite. my friend kristen (who will also be turning thirty a few days after me) and i are having a joint celebration. a note to vegetarians, the following my be a little gross. so i live in the midwest, and i guess we love ourselves some barbeque. i cant say that i love it, but i can appreciate it. around here nothing says party quite like a pig roast. or "whole hog!!" as the meat guy kept yelling in my ear when i called to find out prices and sizes. would you believe that they recommend a pound per person? yeah. thats a lot of meat. although when you are dealing with "whole hog!!!" you have take into account the weight of the "bones n' stuff" so says the meat guy. i have to say that i am interested in putting a face with this man that is so passionate about meat when my dad and i go do the pick up next friday. would it be wrong of me to say that i already have a hunch what he might look like? probably.

oh. and the new keane album rocks. go buy it.

12 Comments:

Blogger laura capello said...

Love the invitation! I'm drooling.

And missy? You're from Kansas City. It is law that you must love bbq.

And the new Keane album really rocks? I got their last one and was sorely disappointed with all the whining.

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute invites! Is that gocco'd? We're gonna have to figure out some screen printing soon.

30? You're just a baby. :)

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha! this whole post makes me want to throw-up-- but in a laughing while i do it sort of way.

9:58 AM  
Blogger donna said...

keane has not disappointed. it's not as good as the last, but i've also only listed to it about 1% as much as the last one. :) hamburg song is my current song of choice. profound lyrics, beautiful melody, (kiss finger tips)...

oh yeah, and i can't wait for the whole hog!! :)

10:18 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I'm a vegetarian, but I had to keep reading.
I found you through Alicia (and I used to live in OP) but am really commenting to tell you that I'd never heard of Keane until you linked to them. I'm playing the songs now, and plan to buy. It's moving me (being serious, although that sounds silly)... reminds me of some bittersweet, overly poignant when I was too young to know any better, high school moment.
Thanks.
And enjoy the Thirties. Each year in (and I'm at 6) I am grateful to be that much further from my Twenties.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

sounds like a good time. and i know you will love the 30s - they have been treating me well so far!!

11:08 AM  
Blogger bet(h) said...

hope i make it into town in time for the par-tay. and i look forward to hearing about your meeting w/ the man.

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool invitation, you are such a gocco queen!

30's going to be great!

11:55 AM  
Blogger molly | mommycoddle.com said...

i just spent way too much time looking at mullets...you will be paving the way for me to the 30s. i'll hit it in july. looking forward to it, too...although yesterday i found my first gray hair. right in front in the little piece of bangs that I always pin back. now I can't stop checking it out in the rearview mirror when i'm driving in the car.
oh, and I LOVE your invitation. awesome.

12:10 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

30 rocks, you're going to love it. and your invitation rocks too!

and, hey, so does the new Keane album! Downloaded it on Tuesday, haven't stopped listening to it since :)

1:51 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Great job in the invites, Hannah!!! You are quite the pro w/ the gocco, now aren't you?!

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

way to go whole hog on the invites.

one must see keane live to get the whole hog.

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home