1.31.2006

self portrait tuesday - personal history

me
this is another photo from my aunt mary taken of me when i was 18 months old. i had just gotten up from a nap and she captured a series of very serious sleepy baby shots. i love and recognize the somber look that little ones have sometimes when they wake up. its a crap shoot sometimes. will they be grumpy? happy? ready to go? i was poking around iphoto and found this shot of collette when she was 17 months old.
collette
uncanny. i dont know why it surprises me everytime i compare photos, i mean kids generally look like their parents. this isnt some big secret. it gets me every time though. my parents went for a decidedly more boyish look back then, with the choppy bowl cut and nondescript pjs. i have had a wonderful time looking back at old family pictures this month. thanks for sharing with me. for another wonderful mother/child post, check out amanda's spt. other spt bloggers here.

8 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Beautiful. I'm feeling a little sappy about these kinds of things because my little one turns one tomorrow and I've been digging through all of her photos. I do love the shot of you especially though -- the haircut is very sweet.

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I actually first thought it was a picture of Eliot just waking up from a nap. The resemblance between you and the kids really is striking.

11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree it is crazy how much you look like your adorable children! that picture looks so much like eliot. and collette. maybe this next one will come out looking just like david?

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow...the resemblance is so striking--you're both just beautiful.

1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I 2nd Lardawg's comment. Freakin' Eliot. TYOTD!

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hannah, you have the best collections of pictures! Do Jeff and John need to put "TYOTD" on every blog comment though?

2:18 PM  
Blogger bet(h) said...

el & co do look at a lot like you, hannah. do we get to see any kid pics of david to compare with?

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love this pictue hannah. i can't decide if it looks more like eliot or collette. show us more.

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home