1.18.2006

gocco, mail and therapy

eliots fourth birthday is at the end of the month, and i have been dragging my feet. and feeling guilty about it. the worst part is that i had decided i wasnt going to gocco invites due to my limited supplies. i feel like elaine and her sponges on seinfeld. is this project really worthy of bulbs and a screen???? yesterday though i decided by golly, my sons fourth birthday party is certainly screen worthy, its the least i can do right? enter the invite, freshly printed last night.

blast off

straight silver ink goccoed on bluebell paper, which turns out is a hell of a combination to photograph. sorry for the dark, fuzzy picture. there is a shot of the back on flickr. outerspace party. yep. rockets, imax space movie (rentable thank goodness), cake, astronaut freeze dried ice cream are all on the docket. speaking of, in the last month or so i saw on someones blog a rocket streamer thing made out of felt and ribbon. ring a bell anyone? i cant find it again and i wanted to check out the picture and see if i could make such a thing. this is why i should write things down...

on to mail, which was fabulous yesterday as my order for januarys limited print card came in from port2port! oooh baby. was i excited to see this on the table!

port goodies

then i flipped it over... how am i supposed to cut into tape so cute and not feel guilty????

cramcream

somehow i managed, very carefully of course. the card is beautiful! it is a inkless press on white, which i tried really hard to photograph, but it doesnt do it justice. regardless, take a look.

soar

it really is beautiful! i am so excited about this project. mav plans to offer a different limited print card each month. can you imagine the beautiful collection you could end up with? i am right now. letterpress makes me so happy. why i dont know. it might be silly, but with all the stress i have been going through right now, i think it is even more important to find joy in little things. for instance, im not sure if you all know that i work one night a week at the papersource? i do, thursday nights, and even though it is an achingly long day, those few hours surrounded by creative people and beautiful papers and colors really does so much for my spirit. this last thursday i took my camera in with me to take some pictures of my thursday night therapy. i posted a bunch on flickr.

ps

come on in! take a peek. i guarantee something will make you smile. it works for me!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can see why the paper makes you happy. However, if you had a "Remains of the Day" lunchbox you'd be a whole lot happier.

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Eliots invitation! And I thought the same thing when I first heard that gocco products may be continued. Now I can use my remaining screens and bulbs for sponge worthy projects only.

Thanks for posting the pictures of the inside of Paper Source. I wish we had a store like that here!

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great invitation! I'd been wanting to get a gocco so I could attempt cool things like this, but now it seems pointless.

About the rocket streamers: hey, that's me! Or at least I did a version, I'm sure I'm not the only one to have thought of this. Here's the link to my post: http://zhinkadinkadoo.typepad.com/zhinkadinkadoo/2005/10/party_progress.html

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elaine's sponges hah! thanks for a good giggle.
Your son is about a year older than mine. his third is feb 3. great idea and lovely card

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so excited to see this ......!
thanks for posting.
hugs, mav

2:11 PM  
Blogger rania said...

awesome gocco cards! I agree, papersource is like therapy. So cool that you work there a day! Another favorite shop for me is anthropologie.

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*love* the invitations... we are still so into robots and space right now - this is right up our alley!

4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eliot's invitations are impressive. I'm sad we'll not be attending his fun party this year. Loved your tour of paper source and other pictures.

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home