9.27.2005

self portrait tuesday



i debated putting this photo up, but it fits with this months theme of body parts. there is a blog devoted to self portrait tuesday with some amazing photos. i have yet post an actual self portrait, credit for this one goes to chrysler, i think from last new y
ears. so much is said about the eyes. window to the soul, bedroom eyes, and such. i think i have to agree. i always notice eyes, and always make a point to make eye contact while speaking. i also alway notice when someone does not like to make eye contact, shifty to say the least. coming from a brown-haired, brown-eyed family, a pair of sparkling blue eyes used to always make me simultaneously love and hate someone. when i was ten i thought connie sellecca was the most beautiful woman in the world, oh and wonder woman. i thought to myself, i have the dark hair, if only i could pull off the rest. in college i went on a blind date based soley on the fact that the guy said he had blue eyes. they were blue, but the rest wasnt so great. as an adult, i have come to terms with my eyes. my daughter of course was born with brown eyes, but when i look at her beautiful face, and see her lovely doe eyes shining at me, i think to myself, who needs blue?

3 Comments:

Blogger chief gordon said...

i'd like to give a shout out to hazel eyes.

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is a great photo. jer had to take maybe ten of me & i couldn't keep my eyes open. brown eyes are cool. remember the song "brown eyed girl"?

5:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a brown-eye in a blue-eyed household - and I don't mind being the minotiry - have you seen those eyes?

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home