2.26.2009

reasoning

there's lots
for the most part, i'm a big fan of reason. facts. being right. you know, all the usual things an opinionated first born is drawn too. but every now and then, that gut sneaks right in. you know the one? yeah, that one you can't explain, you just know. right in your gut. that's how i felt when i first discovered orangette. i liked. plain and simple. i couldn't stop reading it, not to mention the cooking. because if i mention it, i'll go on and on about how great the recipes are. some of my favorites being the most simple, delicious ideas in the world. really though, it was the storytelling that just kicked me in the back of the knees. i like a good story. i love food. a good story involving food, well just forget it. since then, i've been lucky enough to get to know molly, to call her my friend, to meet her even! completely adorable. seriously. even more lucky, she asked me if i would want to be a recipe tester for her book. what?? you mean cook and then tell you what i think about it? sign me right up. in some ways for me this book has been a long time coming, not nearly as long as for molly, but still a long time. so when it showed up on my doorstep last weekend i was ready to dig right in. oh my word. i mean, i could give you a long long list of reason why i love this book so much (and of course i love me some reasons) but my gut tells me you need this book. need it. molly, you did it. congratulations my friend.

9 Comments:

Blogger Astrid said...

oh! lucky you, you already got the book. i'm so excited to see - and read - it. and how cool to be a recipe tester.

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh lucky you! i love orangette, such a great blog. i've never met her but i love her writing and photos, she seems really sweet. molly is speaking at powell's in portland next week, i can't wait to hear her and get the book :)

11:09 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

Ahh! I had a crazy day yesterday and somehow didn't see this post until just now! Good lord. Anyway, you, lady, you are wonderful. Thank you for saying so many ridiculously kind things about me, for being a top-notch recipe tester, and for taking a picture of my book next to peanut butter(!). Brace yourself for a big hug in OKC. xoxo

1:12 PM  
Blogger claire said...

oh yes. she's the whole package and then some. i can't wait to get my sticky hands on this book.

yay molly!

2:26 PM  
Blogger charlotte said...

your gut is spot on, han.
and what a book - i love, love, love it.

3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

she sure did. you've got a good gut.

3:46 PM  
Blogger Hyena In Petticoats said...

I don't need the slightest bit of convincing to buy this book!

I adore Molly, and her wonderful stories....

xxx

7:51 PM  
Blogger Ciara Brehony said...

Can I just tell you that you are the most inspiring photographer I've come across in a long time. I just love your pictures. And now I love your blog too!

This book looks just gorgeous. It's going on my wishlist straight away!

3:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my copy is on its way. also, that chickpea recipe kills me every time i make it. such a good example of why orangette rocks (see also: chocolate boozy cake).

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home