1.07.2009

slow and steady

tuesday's child is full of grace
wins the race. i like to apply this philosophy to many things. an excuse for laziness? perhaps. but i'm thinking long haul, gotta pace myself. i was telling melissa i have no mojo for 2009 yet. i'm not feeling much inspiration and i have decided to blame it on my old nemesis. winter. now that the high of the holidays is over, i'm pretty much ready for spring. today would be nice. if that's not possible, then a kick in the pants would do. anyone want to give it a go? no? ah well. i guess i'll just wander down to the basement and see about dusting off the sewing machine. my girls have given up on pants, jeans specifically. they want nothing to do with them. and since elastic waist skirts are stupid easy to make, i refuse to buy any at the store. never mind the fact that they currently only have one skirt each. slow and steady. :)

on a completely different note, sheri invited me to do a home tour over at cafe mom. take a look around, be my guest. if you've actually been to my house, please kindly keep your mouth shut, that means you john.

10 Comments:

Blogger Mama Urchin said...

Katie is a jean-free child too. Such a pain sometimes. What sizes are your girls. I might have some hand-me-downs I can send. You know, to pad the jam :)

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a great home tour :)

i know what you mean about needing a kick in the pants. every new year, i get excited about what's to come only to realize winter's not going to be over for a long long time. then, i crawl back under my rock and wait for the sun to come out.

1:06 PM  
Blogger Killer B said...

I've been visiting your site for a while and I really enjoy your photos!

I can't say I relate to the parent-hood thing (unless two cats count), but it's nice to read your posts all the same!

1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what are you talking about, "shut your mouth"? I've got nothing, except for a few 'TWSS' comments from your post...

10:50 PM  
Blogger izzie said...

I so know what you mean with the "not so into 2009" thing... I kindda wrote about it in my blog... maybe I'm waiting for spring to come too... :s

2:18 AM  
Blogger cat collier martinez said...

700 sq ft! Amazing! really? did i read that right? fantastic interview and photo collection:)

2:41 PM  
Blogger Leon1234 said...

Hey, how is it going? Hope all is well.

3:27 PM  
Blogger erica said...

2009 isn't doing much for me either. backaches and unreasonable deadlines are giving me the mean reds. warm sunshine would help, and maybe sidewalks cleared of ice and slush.

it will get better, we just need to built up a little momentum...

6:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am also so ready for spring - but it seams far away here in copenhagen... it was a cold, dark, gray day today... enjoy the weekend (despite the lack of energy)

11:39 AM  
Blogger the letters i wish i'd written... said...

I like your photo's. Everytime the 21st of December rolls by I decide it's practically spring, so spring, I almost break out flip flops and t-shirts, it's still cold outside but it sure is brighter!

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home