1.27.2009

songbird cafe

songbird
in general i'm a person that loves the internet. it completely satisfies my nosy, need to know everything about everything nature (thank you wikipedia & imdb). i have no modesty about my love of flickr, and as any self respecting six year old would reply, "why don't you marry it?". to which i say, i'm already married, but i'll think about it. but then there is this facebook. i'm not so enamored with the facebook. i claim it is my age, i didn't facebook in my schooling years, so that has to be it. right? anyway, it just doesn't do it for me so much. imagine my complete surprise when facebook brings me a fantastic opportunity. puts me back in touch with a long lost friend and coworker. a talented woman who has her own sweet little cafe, and ever so kindly has asked me to have a little show. a soft little collection, so sweet and gentle it's hard to know whether to roll your eyes a bit or just sigh and smile. at which point i have to scale back my skepticism for facebook a bit, of course the lion's share of thanks goes to courtney. for being there when i ever so slowly crept back into the creative world, and encouraging me, finding me again, and encouraging me even more. the collection will be up the month of february, with an artists reception on friday, the 13th at 7pm. i'm sure there will be many good things to eat, and lots of laughs. so please do come on by.

26 Comments:

Blogger Astrid said...

hurra for the internet and flickr and facebook. and big hurras for your show.

10:14 AM  
Blogger deborah said...

congratulations hannah! and yes, hurrah for connections!

12:09 PM  
Blogger claire said...

that sounds just perfect hannah! yay for you & your new old friend :)

12:11 PM  
Blogger MWM said...

hmmmmm -a reception you say?
and yes to all of that about facebook.
although my hesitation is that I feel like it might just be another timesuck.
I can't wait to see what you come up with for this.
yay.

1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:25 PM  
Blogger jen said...

congratulations! i love your photo combined with the artwork for the cafe. it is really wonderful. it looks like a really nice place to have a show.

3:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is wonderful news! i've found old friends through flickr and facebook (which i resisted for so long), but flickr is my first love. please post updates about your show!

3:26 PM  
Blogger heather smith jones said...

hooray hannah, that's awesome!
soft or not, it's something to smile about.

4:04 PM  
Blogger house on hill road said...

i am thrilled for you, hannah. thrilled!

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats! that is so exciting!

8:07 PM  
Blogger Shalini said...

That's so cool! I wish I still lived in KC!

10:34 PM  
Blogger charlotte said...

i'm with you on facebook. i've never joined it - people think i'm weird but i no like. flickr is my true internet love.

8:19 AM  
Blogger shari said...

fun news! can't wait to see more.

10:54 AM  
Blogger shim + sons said...

Congratulations, Hannah! I wish I could go to the opening. I cannot wait to see photographs!!

And I'm with you on the FB...only joined since after we moved to Korea...and still don't really care for it...of course, I still made you become my friend. ;)

2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you!! Facebook is great for networking and keeping in touch with friends. I will come by to see your show. I enjoy your photography very much, and thankfully, for technology, I now know where to see it in real life.

3:19 PM  
Blogger ginny said...

Congrats on your show! I hope I can make it out to see it. your photos are awesomeness.

5:12 PM  
Blogger Fine Little Day said...

Congrats Hannah :)

12:52 AM  
Blogger Kiwitz said...

good luck :)

i´m an internet lover as well, i have no idea how i got here with so many links.

8:58 AM  
Blogger bet(h) said...

YAY and DANG. i am of course so happy for you. but so sad for me that i can't come to the opening. but i will stop by another day. and maybe request your presence for a private showing. :) this is so awesome. i can't wait to see what you come up with this time.

did you have another show lined up this year, too, with aaron?

11:01 AM  
Blogger Sheri Reed said...

this is lovely. and so is le facebook. :)

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard so much about Songbird Cafe in just the past week, so cool that you know the owner. I have yet to go, but I will soon.

9:13 PM  
Blogger Erica Kelly said...

songbird cafe is lovely. almost as lovely as your blog. glad to have found you :)

6:34 PM  
Blogger Lydia said...

so true about facebook! its alright... buuut only for finding lost friends (some you'd rather have stay lost!).. i check ine once a month or so lol

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the photo/drawing is reeeeaaaly nice! :)

2:27 AM  
Blogger l said...

I just checked out your flickr and it is really lovely!

9:35 AM  
Blogger Moderator said...

Nice pictures.

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home