5.24.2006

hand cramp

T is for thank you
no matter how conscious i am of how i hold scissors, i always end up getting hand cramps. i grip too tight, my hands are too small and lets face it, these guns of mine pack a lot of heat... but it was all completely worth it to get these thank you cards done for collettes birthday party gifts. it felt good to actually MAKE something since i wussed out and used evite for the actual party invites. the specs folks: a scanned richard scarry illustration printed on plain old paper with text of my choosing added, scallop cut by yours truly and stitched onto a beet postcards from the source. i hate glue sticks, or i should say, i end up making a terrible gloppy mess with glue sticks. so i say from now on, if it calls for glue and i can substitute sewing im there baby. it just seems so much faster and easier. not to mention stinking cute.

and onto stinking cute, now that i have my camera back in operation i will inundate you with pictures of my kids. ok? ok.
arlo smiles
sleep
eliot's pose
this one of eliot i particularly love. he usually watches me set up self portrait shots, and has started asking me to take pictures of him in specific poses, this being one of them. i love it. how sweet. ok, one more picture. indulge me folks, im so happy my camera is working. so there is a man at work who has a farm and raises a few chickens on said farm. i just found out last week that he sells these beautiful farm fresh eggs for ONE DOLLAR a dozen. can you tell i am freaking out? we eat lots and lots of eggs at our house, and the thought of being able to get organic free range lovelies at work for a dollar just thrills me to no end. so much so that i took pictures of them. thats right. pictures.
farm fresh
arent they gorgeous??? the one on top is a pale green and the one in front is the faintest bluish white. oh man. i love them so much. we had a delicious quiche last night for dinner, and i almost didnt want to crack them they were so pretty. but i did, and then i ate three pieces of quiche. oh baby. and yes, i did take my eggs out to the front yard and put them in the grass and take pictures of them. and yes, im pretty sure my neighbors think im crazy, but hey the guy across the street is building a $50K garage, so really who is the idiot now? besides, eliot thought it was cool...

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sweet sweet thankyous-- sam's first bday was all about nicholas the bunny and the joy of scarry's animals. love 'em.

1:11 PM  
Blogger the shim family said...

Swwt lil' thank you cards! And beautiful eggs! We eat a lot of eggs in our household, too. I was laughing out loud when I read the last paragraph of your post. I'm forever taking my fabric and goodies outside on the lawn to photograph!

1:42 PM  
Blogger the shim family said...

P.S. "Swwt" = sweet!

1:42 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Egg pictures - now that's cool. Who knew they came in green and blue?

You might not have noticed, but those kids are gorgeous.

2:20 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

You have *got* to frame that pic of Colette! Wonderful capture! :)

And the card -- fab job, Hannah! Hand cramp or not, they are adorable! :)

2:49 PM  
Blogger laura capello said...

Shaw. You are putting my ideas for Darwin's birthday part to shame. To shame. That thank you is loverly (and if you don't like glue sticks, I should introduce you to dotto, my scrapbooking adhesive. It is my favorite and my best).

You children are georgous. But, of course, look who their parents are!

Mmmm... eggs....

3:04 PM  
Blogger bet(h) said...

i love eliot's "self-portrait".

3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So much Huffster goodness in one post.
The thank you cards are so incredibly sweet! And I love the stitched over glued idea so much!

The eggs are so pretty too. $1 a dozen is just incredible!

And I too am a member of the take-stuff-out-on-the-lawn-to-photo club. Must be a craft blogging thing.

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was outside taking pictures of an apron and my little old neighbor hollered over the fence at me. I had to go *sort of* explain. I left the blogging part out. Really, he's like 90 years old.

(translation: I completely understand.)

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know i always tell you this but you are so creative. i love richard scarry and those cards are perfect. i didn't know how you would top the adorable dick and jane theme from last year.

7:50 AM  
Blogger rachel said...

I came across your blog today and thought your idea about scanning the Richard Scarry book (or any kid's book) for thank you notes is a great idea! I have a large book from a second hand book store that would be perfect!
Great blog-I will be back!

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home