5.09.2006

the jungle

is a great book by upton sinclair. speaking of books, i have been reading a great one, really wonderful. the winter of our discontent by steinbeck. steinbeck puts together these sentences that just make my jaw drop. sentences so good that i read them three or four times in a row. sentences so good that it makes me want to transcribed them in emails to david, but i know that if i started an excerpt i wouldnt be able to pick a stopping point. pick it up. you wont be able to put it down. i promise.

handwriting meme

anyway, i find myself bored at work today, so i was browsing around flickr. i wont tell you how much i really do this, but trust me, it is a lot... i found this flickr group dedicated to handwriting memes. so i grabbed a pen, some paper at hand and set to work. got the digital camera out of the storeroom and there you go. easy peasy. maybe i got a little carried away...

7 Comments:

Blogger laura capello said...

You have awesome penmanship.

And yes, I am always up for hiring for gardening (snort). And I can come over and tell you what to do at any time. Because I'm bossy-bossy like that.

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes...awesome handwriting.

12:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks so much for playing :)

1:12 PM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

amazing review of that book...
you really made me want to go
and buy it right now, right this
very second...

6:01 AM  
Blogger molly | mommycoddle.com said...

Your review of that book is wonderful. The transcribing a favorite part and not being able to stop--reminding me of my highlighting tendencies in college--I'd start highlighting something I thought was important than I couldn't stop! Friends used to always make fun of me....
Anway...love your handwriting. I saw that meme on 6.5 stitches.

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty. I've been meaning to do this myself. I love The Jungle - it's one of my favorite books.

10:13 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

You do have the best handwriting Hannah. You should talk to Ms. Wildman about how she turned her handwriting into a font. You could do that with yours, sell it and make millions.

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home