5.02.2005

a late-night, long, rambly post with lots of pictures...

i figured at this hour, there is no point to beat around the bush, right? i finished addressing the last of collette's birthday party invites, so i shall be heading to the post office early in the morn'. take a looksey...



i found an old baby memory book at a vintage shop a few weeks ago along with a stash of old childrens books. this little picture caught my eye immediately. so sweet. from this point, david came up with some great ideas for making turning the party into a "dick and jane" type theme. we are having cake and root beer floats, playing esquivel cds, hula hoop contests, marbles, jacks and hop scotch maybe. and i have kerry and sarah on a mission for old timey looking lollipops and candy. cool, huh?

also along the vintage lines, i finished up my postcard for the swap that myra organized. i have been amassing a small collection of old cook booklets, you know the little paperback dime store things. my friend sarah gave me a great one called "festive salads and molds" that is full of super cool graphics, it was hard for me to pick one out, but i ended up with this guy for my card.

i thought about including a recipe from the book too, but they were all pretty heavily reliant on mayonnaise and gelatin. gross. so instead i swiped one from mr. bobby flay. the fabric in the background is a cute little number i picked up at urban arts + crafts down at the rivermarket on saturday. how cool is it that for 8.95 i can have a sweet little a-line skirt? im picturing a white tshirt and flipflops with this one. now i just have to make it... im excited to check out the new amy butler fabrics in person. my friend kerry is going to come over to visit with me and the kids, then i think we might sneak away for an hour or so to do some browsing.

i have had an excellent three days at home. lots of snuggling time with collette. what a sweetie. eliot and i had a major moment today. i convinced him to let me shave his head with the clippers. david tried to do it last week some time but went about it all wrong and scared him to death. the trick is patience and a big bag of cookies. i will put a picture up soon. its the new summer do for that sweaty little head of his. i will be heading back to arkansas wednesday morning for another ten-day. hopefully this one wont be as bad. i wont be sore, and i wont have to deal with the excruciating pain of weaning. what was i thinking??? it took the whole ten days to finally shrink down from rock hard grapefruit size to a more normal semblance of a female chest. stupid points on my part. so i have that going for me. im really excited because i have in my possession two 80 minute cds filled to the brim with hand-picked bjork songs by a one mr. david huffman. i requested a mega mix, and i got not one, but two! what a guy. although, im not sure if that says he loves me, or he loves bjork. hmmm. anyway, im taking the digital camera with me this time, instead of relying on the crapy work one. david snapped this pic from the porch of my cabin last weekend.


looks pretty, huh? i will concede that the boston mountains and the lake itself are very pretty, but lets just say that it doesnt make up for the rest of the place. i will probably spend a little time on a commentary of my living quarters next week. a warning, these stories are not for the weak of stomach...

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where do I begin? I love Collette's invitations! They are simply beautiful and what a great theme. Your postcards came out amazing too! What a great idea. I'm loving that fabric a lot too! Glad to hear you got some family time in before you head back. Take care!

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I *love* your party idea! How fun! And, your postcard is amazing! I love the old food illustrations from cookbooks and magazines... "Food styling" has sure come a long way!

12:52 PM  
Blogger Susanne said...

what a great postcard--and invitation! i love dick and jane, my mom has some magnets, they're funny. take care!

8:22 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

hannah, you already know i LOVE collette's birthday invites! i've been thinking about what margot is going to give her for her first birthday for weeks. may 14th can't get here soon enough.

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the invites and the theme! I might have to totally RIP YOU oFF for sadie's 3rd b-day this fall, the dick and jane idea is so good! I'm so glad the 10 days will go better this time-and I will be sewing away for your little b-day girl while you are gone!!

10:33 AM  
Blogger theresa said...

I'm with everyone else--great invites and cool card!

5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got my postcard in the mail today and I love it! I ran right in to show my husband (who usually could care less, but who was somewhat interested this time because of the yummy sounding recipe!). I am so happy that I was on your list. Thank you for the great card. Collette's invitations are beautiful, too.

12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home