3.29.2005

rechargeables


are a wonderful invention, when you remember to RECHARGE them. i thought i was so smart when i got my digital camera for christmas, i said to my smart self, hey i will get TWO packages of batteries, that way i can always have one charged, and when the ones in my camera fizzle out, then i can put in the good ones and stick those straight into the charger. its a good theory, like most theories, but it is an awesome theory when it is actually put to USE!! grrr... so here i am with two sets of dead batteries, one set is in the charger, i did manage to do that, but it takes EIGHT hours!!! what is this the stone ages??? sure i was tempted to buy the superfast, light speed, thirty minute batteries, but falling back onto my theory of rotating batteries, i didnt need these superfast rip-offs. so i thought... it took most of my will power to not go to best buy and purchase a THIRD set of batteries... here i am, sitting on the contents of my haremail package from jessica (well, ok, im not really sitting on them) with no pictures to share! rest assured, when i get one set of stinking batteries charged up (and the backup set going) i will share. probably too much in my excitement. speaking of excitement, i got an email from myra saying that a package is making its way from the island of cuteness to my doorstep in the middle of the country!!! until then, i will leave you all with a picture that my mom gave me last week that i brought to work to scan. i rarely like photos of myself, coupled with the fact that i am rarely in photos, this was a pleasant surprise. craftiness coming soon, i swear it...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do that all the time too! And I always swear that it won't happen again. - yeah right. : P

11:06 AM  
Blogger Susanne said...

i'm waiting for the day when my battery runs out of juice and my other battery is not charged--it's gonna happen, i just don't know when. :( the photo is lovely! i forgot to mention--if you email me i can send a crappy picture of the quilt i mentioned. then again, it is a crappy picture...

12:32 AM  
Blogger chief gordon said...

it doesn't help that there's a little 10-month-old girl who likes to unplug charging batteries and put them in her mouth.

that's the variable in your (currently) failing theory.

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah yes, the plague of rechargeable batteries! that just happened to me last week when i wanted to take photos of the potential new home to take back to john. the batteries WERE charged, but they weren't in the bag...a lot of good that did. great pic of you and collette.

9:18 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Awww, that's a sweet photo!

8:58 AM  
Blogger  said...

what a lovely picture.
:)

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home