4.20.2005

my brain hurts

it has been so hectic around here since i last posted. bleh... i had been rushing around to get a big report done ( i have been working on it for three years!!!) before leaving for arkansas today. yep thats right, im broadcasting live from good old mountainburg arkansas tonight. my home away from home. more like my disgusting, dirty old cabin away from home. today i started my first field session, which means i will be down here for ten days straight working!!! i already miss my family. i miss squeezing collette and sniffing the top of her head, that good baby head smell. i miss getting peanut butter and jelly kisses from eliot after lunch (thats right, he eats pb&j every day). i miss sharing a yummy snack and a movie with david after the kids go to bed. sigh... im feeling sorry for myself right now. my heart hurts would be a more accurate title for this post i guess. so does my chest. what you say? thats right, today collette and i started the weaning process cold turkey. no more nursing for me. i cant say that this is a bad thing, i am looking forward to getting my chest back to myself. and wearing a bra that doesnt flip open. but i am not looking forward to the pain that i will probably have for the next two days while my body figures out what the heck is going on. but even worse, i will miss that close time with my baby. my last baby... and in a few more short weeks, she will be a year old! time is slipping through my fingers... and being gone isnt helping. ok hannah. i didnt mean for this to get so melancholy. im just lonely and a little sad. im sure the butt-kicking i am in for tomorrow will help take my mind of things. its been two years since i have lifted a shovel, and tomorrow bright and early, i will be out digging. yikes! sore back and blister city here i come! im going to try to post every evening, keep a little diary so to speak of what i think might be my last field work. things with david are looking good. keep your fingers crossed.... now im off to fix some dinner and try my hand at some embroidery.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there Hannah! I can't say I know what you're going through. I miss my son when he sleeps over at his grandparents for just one night. I hope the 10 days fly by! Take care!

5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can do it Hannah! I definitely know how isolating field work can be, but I'll bet those 10 days will fly by! You'll be so busy and tired (and sore) that it will go really fast! Good luck, and keep us posted!

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peanut Butter Kisses are great! So is baby head smell. After not nursing for about a year, I'm ready to give birth and start all over again. I was nice to have my boobs back and wear bras with teeny tiny straps!! I did find YES! bras from Canada and they're pretty cool! Bamboo prints in white or black! love your blog!

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hang in there-and you should have a goode package waiting for you when you get back home! and yes, pete says he does find my aprons. . .atractive:)

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hang in there-and you should have a goodie package waiting for you when you get back home! and yes, pete says he does find my aprons. . .atractive:)

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hang in there-and you should have a goodie package waiting for you when you get back home! and yes, pete says he does find my aprons. . .atractive:)

3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

who wouldn't miss those adorable cheeks of collette's and eliot's sweet kisses? ceasing nursing cold turkey...you're a brave woman! although, i must admit, i too am looking forward to getting back to wearing bras without flaps -- there is just nothing sexy about them.

8:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

who wouldn't miss those adorable collette cheeks and sweet kisses from eliot? ceasing nursing duty cold turkey...you're a brave woman. i too am looking forward to donning bras sans flaps again -- there is just nothing sexy about a bar with flaps!

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home