4.02.2010

be nice to yourself

86/365
87/365
91/365
do you ever find that the person you are the hardest on is yourself? maybe not the hardest, but maybe the one you never think to be nice to? or that might just be me. anyway, this week has had a series of highs and lows that left me feeling grumpy and doing come cursing out loud on the streets. thank goodness molly was so understanding (thank you molly!). i treated myself to some flowers on wednesday and couldn't help but smile every time i looked at them. time to be nice to myself. it's friday for pete's sake.

on a totally unrelated note, a person that never fails to make me proud is david. he had the opportunity to work with a very good friend of ours on a video that you can now watch on patagonia's website. go take a look. it's called border country, and it's lovely. hope you all have a wonderful weekend, enjoying easter, passover or some nice sunshine. or maybe all three? whatever floats your boat. just be nice.

11 Comments:

Blogger emma said...

I totally get it. It's not just you. I told my husband just the same thing today. That I am my worst critic. I do hope you have a happy Easter and enjoy the coming of Spring!

5:31 PM  
Blogger rosedale's 4head said...

well...most often...i'm not critical enough of "ME" - i do an okay job, but really...i still give myself too much leeway and faithfully rely too heavily on "sure i can--why not"...sometimes, in some circumstances this works, it's good ole healthy self-therapy, but other times...it fails...when it does...i tend to fall back into that "sure i can--why not"---essentially i'm what you'd call a round-a-bout.

anyway, whatever was irking you, tell it to go to the junkyards. i thought your picture was one of your girls...truthfully...hope that brightens your weekend a tad...looking young only comes to those who take care....happy egging to you too!

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Nancy said...

I can relate. Although I am not so sure I'm hard on myself, this is something I hear a lot from my nearest & dearest.

I had the privilege of meeting Molly in D.C. when she was here last year--the only thing better than reading her book was to hear her read it aloud. What a treat!

5:51 PM  
Anonymous jmac said...

i've been meaning to watch that video for a while now...awesome!

7:48 PM  
Blogger Jess Demaria said...

that video was really well done, good story i really enjoyed watching it. Patagonia does some really nice stuff. and i dig the illustrations throughout.
jess

7:59 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

i learned to be nice to myself about 4 years ago. now, i pass that along to others, and remind myself every now and again too.

12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I love those friends who are so patient to let me swear on the streets.

6:55 AM  
Blogger jenious said...

Thanks for this reminder. I often forget to be less critical of myself. I love the picture of your flowers. What a lovely (and, well-deserved) treat for yourself. Take care.

9:23 AM  
Anonymous tinypaperheart said...

i do think that i'm too hard on myself often. good thing i have my husband to level me out a bit. :) your photos are fabulous, by the way!

3:50 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

I'm exactly the same - in fact I've just been blogging about making more time to enjoy the little things. And was mentally debating buying myself a ridiculously large bunch of flowers tomorrow - I'd do it for a friend or family member, why not for me??

11:21 AM  
Anonymous decorative moldings said...

Thank you for those kind words of advice. I don't know if I am being hard on myself.I am still trying to figure it out. Thank you for those reminders.

1:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home