10.31.2009

very very smart people

DSC_0057
i'm lucky enough to know some very very smart people. i'm even luckier to call them my friends. so when someone i really like comes up with a brilliant idea involving food, well i'm pretty much a goner. folks, let me tell you what my friend gina has gone and done. prepare yourselves. she has started her very own gourmet whoopie pie business. YES. you read correctly. whoopie pies people. but not just any whoopie pies, flavors like pumpkin spice, and bananatella which i was so eager to sample. gina dropped some by the house so that we could hold an official taste test, and just imagine, five out of five huffman's were delighted with them! david was a dead ringer for the pumpkin spice. he's all about the pumpkin pie and this was like taking a pumpkin pie and jamming between two soft, spiced cookies. uh yum. eliot was also strongly in favor of this pie. myself and the girls on the other hand were quite partial to the bananatella. i mean, really in my opinion there is no way to go wrong with nutella. i used to think my favorite way to eat it was dipping sourdough pretzels straight into the jar. no longer. now all i want to do is have a slab of nutella goodness in between two banana cake like cookies. yes please. there are more flavors to try, and i am going to make it my personal mission to try them all. of course you are all wondering where you can get your hands on these delicious whoopie pies. right now what you need to do is head on down to hammerpress on first fridays where gina her cute self will be selling them this friday, november 6th. and i would guess, that if you beg and plead enough, someday soon, they would be available all over kansas city, and who knows, maybe even all over the world. yes. let's dream big. go gina go!!

10 Comments:

Blogger GiGi said...

aww, hannah! thanks for being my whoopie pimp.
i hate to rain on this whoopie parade, but the hammerpress sale won't be until december due to construction.
however, i am taking orders.
and if you call within the next 15 minutes...........

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

uhhm, amazing.

(if gina needs a taste-tester in the U.K., i would like to volunteer my services. i'll even sell them at the market for her.)

9:12 AM  
Blogger claire said...

ok. the whole whoopie pie thing totally new to me. i mean, the name makes me giggle enough... but i'm sold! they sould insanely delicious. wahooo!

3:57 PM  
Anonymous hanne said...

i don't even know what a whoopie pie is, but from the photos i love it already.
i volunteer as a taste-tester in norway.

8:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely brilliant. That looks so good.

3:00 PM  
Anonymous vanessa said...

hello. popped by from hula seventy. you have some great photos. and those cookies look amazing!

4:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The word reminds me of Whoopie Cushions which make a noise when sat on! Does this have the same connotation ouside of the UK? Well I've never heard of Whoopie pies before but a quick google has brought up some very yummy sounding recipies which my daughter would just love to take into school - will get some laughs I can guarrantee! Will try and post my results when we get to make them. Shame I'm too far away to place an order for GiGi's products! Keep blogging x

4:22 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

i think it's an american thing- this whoopie pie business. i haven't seen much of them in canada.
they make me want to move south of the border, though.

1:25 PM  
Blogger hannah queen | honey & jam said...

I just found your blog, it's so lovely! Your friends whoopie pie business sounds fantastic, I love those things.

8:12 PM  
Blogger mimi charmante said...

I found your blog and loved it, but then saw this post and loved it even more! I plan to make my first whoopie pies today!
happy holidays,
xx

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home