6.11.2009

tmi

kinda a good sport
not playing
DSC_0003
thank you for all the kind words yesterday about 1000 words. it was just as fun for me to read david's responses. he's a deep one. with lots to say, but only if you ask. and even then you kinda have to wait for it. all good things are worth a wait, no? someone asked me recently about my camera and lenses, i can't remember if it was here or flickr, but i thought i'd answer that question briefly. most of the photographs around here lately have been with a nikon D80, which i am really happy with. i almost exclusively shoot with the 50mm f1.4 lens. which i am extremely extremely happy with. i have two zoom lenses that i very occasionally use. one is a loaner and it's a 55-200mm DX. it's pretty hot (thank you toby, anytime you need it back, you just holla). i took the zoo pictures with that lens. the other is a 18-70mm DX that i picked up cheap cheap on ebay. i use it for the occasional wide angle shot. for the most part though, it's the 50mm all the time. i prefer shooting with a prime lens because they are sharper. and since my film cameras have no zoom function, i don't miss it with digital. i just move myself. i think this christmas i'm going to keep my eye open for a deal on a prime wide angle. maybe a 20mm or something. i'm giving santa notice right now. anyway. so if you are just dying to know more, nicolle was kind enough to do a little interview with me on her blog. and that's that. i leave for portland tomorrow, so i'm going to try to keep my promise of posting everyday this month, but i'm guessing its going to be mostly pictures of disgustingly cute kids. i'm giving you warning now.

5 Comments:

Blogger Leciawp said...

Looking forward to your kid photos :)

Does Nikon make a 35mm? I like mine (canon) so much more than the 50mm; I hardly ever use my 50mm. (My favorite prime is the 135mm - probably canon's best lens.)

4:13 PM  
Blogger melissa f. said...

i cannot wait until you get here. I CANNOT WAIT.

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks H for answering my lens question - martina

7:00 PM  
Anonymous heidi said...

safe travels hannah!

7:31 PM  
Blogger claire said...

yeah! safe travels :)

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home