6.03.2009

give way

after hours
that man
DSC_0010
DSC_0007
i've realized that i spend most of my winter in a hibernation of sorts. when summer gets here, my days get longer and longer, and give way to night. once all the tasks of life are dealt with, i often find myself shuffling out to the porch at 10:45 or so. it feels so good to just sit and listen to the crickets, watch fireflies, and have a popsicle. it's even better when david joins me. sometimes we giggle. well. ok. i do the giggling, he just laughs a bit. sometimes we process some bit of our day. but mostly it just feels good. and when we finally stretch out our old bones and shuffle back inside, the clock winks at me, 12:07, and i don't even miss the extra sleep.

13 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

perfect.

1:04 PM  
Blogger claire said...

the thought of you and david eating late night popsicles on the porch fills me with delight.

3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

these photos make me feel like i'm sitting on the porch tonight, too. i like them together an awful lot.

9:31 PM  
Blogger Leciawp said...

everything about this post is beautiful.

me too.

11:20 PM  
Anonymous Stephanie said...

I love you, Hannah Huffman.

And I'd give all my limbs to be on that porch with you right now. Might be hard to eat that popsicle, but I'm committed.

1:39 AM  
Anonymous hanne said...

popsicles on the porch.
we did that last night too.
it's quite perfect.

and i love that you're in this space every day!

1:52 AM  
Anonymous shari said...

definitely one of the best parts of summer. gosh i miss our porch.

3:43 AM  
Blogger Rose said...

That's how I feel after spending an hour in the evening at the beach. Have to try popsicles too!

3:54 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

such a lovely ode to summer nights.

3:56 AM  
Blogger RW said...

I feel the same way - I can stay up much later in the summer time - and not miss the sleep but in the winter I feel like I have to go to bed once it gets dark.

Here via Habit.

7:18 AM  
Blogger famapa said...

this right here looks like heaven to me! me and the hubby have developed an addiction to cloudy lemonade popsicles, and it seems that one is never enough :0d

8:43 AM  
Blogger lisa solomon said...

sounds like a perfect way to end the day.

it's not popsicle weather here yet

1:59 PM  
Blogger rosedale's 4head said...

okay, we do popsicles, but haven't lately...lately, it's been smoothies...STILL...warm 90 degree piercing rains in Tejas...today was nicer...

gorgeous photos!

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home