3.06.2009

spring manifesto - 2009

spring manifesto
this spring i will relish in the rains and delight in the flowers.

i will take more walks, with my family and by myself. i will find something i never noticed before.

this spring we will find a new place in our city to enjoy, to make our own, so that when we visit, it will be with a sense of comfortable fondness.

this spring i will go to the farmer's market, get excited about all the young new vegetables, and get ready for the foods summer brings.

this spring i will try to find a local source for beef and poultry.

i'll lay a blanket in the yard and rest. listen to the little sounds coming from the ground, and the loud sounds coming from the kids.

i will get to know my neighbors better. do things like bring baked goods. because baked goods make everyone happy.

this spring i will drop in on old friends. a porch sit here, a sit on the steps there, and talk about how the weather has been, sipping a cold glass of something.

i will wash my windows! think long and hard about repainting my kitchen and making little things for the house.

this spring i'll clean out the closets, take those clothes and things that we never use to people who can use them.

this spring (and summer and fall and winter) i'll make an effort to find something, some tiny thing good about each and every day.

thank you shari, for the inspiration, that felt good.

29 Comments:

Blogger charlotte said...

bravo!
here's to spring and those tiny good things.

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

An adorable post.

7:43 AM  
Blogger W said...

Love this so much! I am so excited for spring!

7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a great list!
i'm gonna do the neighbor one-we have a cute little neighbor family that totally deserves some cookies.
happy spring, hannah!

7:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this list makes me happy.

8:53 AM  
Blogger shim + sons said...

Hello, spring!!

Beautiful manifesto!!!

8:54 AM  
Blogger ginny said...

oooo, i know a great local source for beef and poultry (and eggs, and pork) they sell at several farmers markets around town... i think that they deliver too!! they are a super sweet family.
let me know if you want the info (i dont want to post their #'s here..)

10:38 AM  
Blogger brookeraymond said...

I have a great source for local meat - I bought myself a quarter of a cow last summer! He also sells chickens, but I haven't had the chance to try those. I will be going to the market all spring/summer long, so just let me know if you want company. Soak it all in, Hannah. Seasons are good.

3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fantastic hannah. i might borrow some of your ideas, too. xox

3:08 PM  
Blogger MWM said...

yes to all of it.
I think I'll print this out and hang it up.

7:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now you've got me thinking, Spring is such a perfect time to do something like this. xo

7:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I adore this post. Very well said-inspiration for us all!

7:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful picture and wonderful words!

6:19 AM  
Blogger Inkling said...

wow, that's so beautiful - especially the truly delicious-sounding blanket lounging... thank you for the nudge to make my intentions for the elusive spring, clear, so that i know what to do with it when it finally reaches london!

6:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fantastic. i already left you a comment but somehow it's not here. i want to send you a box of vermont spring goodies and i will soon. xo

8:00 AM  
Blogger Michelle B said...

Love this! Makes me wish for sunshine... a cold dreary day where I am at today.

11:34 AM  
Blogger lisa solomon said...

can i just ditto you??

2:31 PM  
Blogger alexandria said...

This is the best spring photograph I've seen! Thank you for sharing so very much!

9:43 AM  
Blogger cathleen said...

What an absolutely lovely post to ponder. Your photo is delightful too.

2:59 PM  
Blogger Liz Harrell said...

this photo is fantastic! love it!

9:02 AM  
Blogger onegoldensun said...

What a nice manifesto - some great things to contemplate. And the photo is so sweet!

7:36 PM  
Blogger rosedale's 4head said...

beautiful introduction to the start of spring...thanks for sharing.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Chelsea said...

Spring is the time of lists- the time of unreasonable plans, pure optimism.
Tricia and I just made a print about it actually, called "Plans are Made"

wonderful to share that spirit!

8:44 PM  
Blogger amisha said...

beautiful and inspiring list, hannah. so much goodness packed in here.

6:34 AM  
Blogger Mademoiselle Hermit said...

Spring is so wonderful. Immediately cojures words such as fresh, green or flowers. Flowers in particular. Your pictures are beautiful btw :)

8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spring is as beautiful as the two kids there. May your spring dreams come true.

2:53 AM  
Blogger Esti said...

This list resonates with me right at this moment. Thanks.

4:53 AM  
Blogger reya said...

I'm saying 'yes!' to that list! I hope you don't mind if I borrow a few of those from you too.

12:54 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

love this...
now all i need is spring!!
and considering the snowfall
warning we are currently under,
it may be a while...
bah.

but loved the list!!

5:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home