12.15.2008

serious

ah yes
first i want to say thank you so much to our friends and family for coming out to support david saturday and sunday. the event was spectacular! for me the best part was seeing all those kids look so proud. and of course to see david step into the spotlight for the briefest of moments. but now, now it's time to get serious. serious about christmas. i am throwing myself into it full tilt this week. i have pounds and pounds of butter, flour and sugar waiting oh so patiently for me. and paper and red envelopes and stamps, just sitting there sad and alone. well no longer! i head the call. i say boo to you cold weather, i'll stay warm in front of the oven. if you need me, that's where you'll find me. oh and can you believe i forgot about my own blog birthday? oops. four years on december fourth! that doesn't seem right, but i checked the numbers and indeed it is. i'll probably have more to say about that once i emerge from my christmas frenzy, but for now butter beckons.

11 Comments:

Blogger peachey said...

i love this photo.
happy 4th birthday, huffmania!
and, i can almost smell that baking.

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy blog birthday to you!
It falls on my actual birthday.

2:29 PM  
Blogger shari said...

glad the event went well. happy four years hannah. and i hear you on the baking. i'm making those butter cookies for tom. hugs.

4:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just made up my baking grocery list. Lots of butter here, too.

Happy four years!

6:26 PM  
Blogger MWM said...

I'm so happy for David. It must have been exciting to be there.
and happy blog birthday. 4 seems very old in blogland....
make sure to post some photos of the baking so I can live vicariously through you.

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love that photo.

11:05 PM  
Blogger lisa solomon said...

happy happy 4!!!!

love this photo!

6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love that photo. Happy baking!

7:16 PM  
Blogger Jeannette StG said...

The pounds of butter made me smile -I used to have that in front of me - but I curbed my baking back to 2 pies, 1 or 2 kinds of cookies, and a cranberry coffee cake. That's it!
Since most of our relatives live in Holland, and my Christmas cards keep coming in till the end of Jan. I wait with writing/sending Christmas cards AFTER the big day. so I actually can enjoy Christmas as well as writing the cards!
A Merry Christmas to you, Jeannette

1:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wishing you a relaxed and merry Christmas. May it find you surrounded by your dear ones and full, very full.

Belated blog cheer, too. 4 years!?

7:07 PM  
Blogger Leciawp said...

Congrats on four years!

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home