6.17.2008

food & photos

pretty lake, pretty legs, men with wine
sometimes i wish i was a foodie, but i know that i am not. i do love food, and that really is good enough for me. a few months ago i finally subscribed to gourmet because of all the lovely peeks jen kept teasing us with on her blog. and i realized yesterday that even though the recipes sound impossibly delicious, its the photos that drive me crazy. i told david last night i want to shoot for gourmet someday. how fantastic would that be? in this months issue there is a spread by quentin bacon that i just can't stop looking at. and when i'm not looking at it, i'm thinking about it. i recently had the chance to pick the brain of a really talented photographer (who happens to be my cousin!) and we spent a lot of time talking about style, and figuring out style, emulating photographers you like. well mr. bacon, you've made my list.

10 Comments:

Blogger charlotte said...

yeah, i want to live in magazines like that. oh and after i took one look at those shots on your flickr i went straight and subscribed. they should give you commission.

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mr. bacon, photographer for Gourmet...classic

8:58 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

I agree, I think I might have to subscribe too! :)

Yum.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

From the small peek of his photography, it seems you both capture your subjects on the edge of a luminescent focal point, be it the reflected light in this water, or the filtered light floating in the corners of your home.
You and Mr. Bacon are very enviably talented- I would be surprised if your dreams didn't come true.

10:46 AM  
Blogger alice said...

Oh yes I SO agree about the photography in Gourmet. I like the recipes too. I keep wondering if I should subscribe as it would take around 6 weeks to get here for each issue but it is lovely posts like yours that are pushing me towards this :)

11:25 AM  
Blogger shari said...

this issue floored me. i hope we will see your shots in gourmet one day hannah! xo ps: i think i'm a foodie wanna be. :)

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! I haven't looked at an issue of Gourmet in a long time -- very pretty. The photography in the Toast catalog is also really good.

12:45 PM  
Blogger jen said...

yay! aren't the photos always amazing.

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bought that issue over the weekend on a whim. Wow! I agree--I keep going back to that article. I haven't read it, but I've looked at the photos many, many times. They make me yearn for long-past summer vacations, back when work wasn't pressing and I had no one to worry about other than myself.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Victoria said...

I had a look at his website - just gorgeous. I loved a couple of the shots so much I even emailed to see if he sold prints. I must be embarassing myself - no response!

4:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home