6.04.2008

it was bad

before supper
i did the worst sewing of my life yesterday. seriously the worst. it was a combination of factors really. i hadn't been at the machine in such a long time, and my list of things to do was driving me batty. and so i started speed sewing. not a good idea. add to that something new (fold over elastic) and my "oh i'll just trace something" pattern making. i could tell it was bad even as i was sewing. i had that whole just push through (speed up) and get it done panic thing going on. like when i eat oklahoma joe's french fries, i just cant stop even though i know i should and i am starting to feel kind of sick. yeah. it was like that. it was so bad that i hemmed a pair of my pants (the ones up there) afterwards just to make me feel better. hemming! so anyway. i should listen to my inner self and not try to cram even more into an already bursting at the seams week. on a more pleasant note, my pants look quite nice. i am wearing them today with sandals and not dragging them all over the floor. yay me!

4 Comments:

Blogger Saucy said...

Seriously! Dude, don't sweat it. I can't hardly sew at all, just to do some minor crafting. I have to get my hemming done for me. How's that for infantile?

5:58 PM  
Blogger MWM said...

I like your description and analogy -I know exactly what you mean.
and in your brain you know what is happening but your body just doesn't let you stop.

7:32 PM  
Blogger Miss Money said...

i love your shoes! great color.
& sewing gets me down. at least you hem to feel better. i just don't sew for months at a time. sad.

11:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh do I ever understand, messy matched up plaids, crooked seams the whole kit and kaboodle, only to be followed by devouring a entire bag of oreos.

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home