5.29.2008

hello & thank you

if you're in town...
hi there. so yes. please, if you are in town, come say hello next friday at habitat. my first show. it seems so fitting that from the point john asked me to have a show (like two weeks ago, thanks for the lead time dude) that it has evolved into this. summer life. i have always always claimed to be a summer girl. quite fitting, don't you think? i say yes. i also would like to say thank you to everyone for all your support and encouragement. the mcclains for inviting me. david and beth for giving me the confidence push i needed, and sorting through boxes and boxes of film. beth for lending frames to me hours before leaving for africa. john, toby, jeremy, and heather for helping me narrow things down and arrive to this point. melissa for checking in on me to make sure i am still sane. whew. seriously. thank you. if you can't make it on friday, no worries. the show will be hanging for almost a month. aaaaand i plan to do a summer shop update with some prints from the show, hopefully by june 9th. last, but not least, i started a second flickr account to keep a portfolio of sorts. take a peek. hello summer!

17 Comments:

Blogger Grace said...

Congratulations! I am fully impressed by your work for wiksten. I'm sure there are only amazing prints to be seen at the show, I'm just to far away.

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is go great Hannah! I will be out of town for the opening, but will definitely go check it out upon my return! Good luck!

12:18 PM  
Blogger shari said...

oh so lovely. you know, i secretly call our new song "hannah's theme". ;) and new prints in the shop by june 9th. my bday. perfect. best go back to packing but i had to stop by to say that your photos for wiksten are a-ma-zing and that i wish so much that i could come to your art opening. xoxo

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hannah, you rock. i have been reading your blog for about a year and love your photography. you really inspire me.
great job on the wiksten photos. love.them.
i seriously plan on being at your show.
xo
g

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wish i could be there to see the show, hannah. and the photos from the shoot are incredible. just incredible.

3:26 PM  
Blogger wendy said...

oh so awesome!!
looking forward to the store update...i'd love for a hannah print to make it to jasper's wall.

3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many congrats on everything! Your photos are amazing, I wish I lived close enough to come to your show. Instead I'll have to admire from afar and keep watching your website and flickr for more updates!

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a postcard flyer is not indicative of a fake show at all, so i stand totally corrected and also in total awe of all of this.

7:04 PM  
Blogger lisa solomon said...

i wish wish wish i could be there.
have a GREAT show....

7:25 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

so fantastic! so with ca was closer to you!
x t

10:29 PM  
Blogger heather smith jones said...

yippee! see you then.
hey i realized we've never really met in person!

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have some great people around you to encourage you and who believe in you. Wish I was closer by to check it out myself! Good Luck with it all.

4:06 PM  
Blogger amisha said...

congratulations hannah! the wiksten shots are really wonderful. and i know your show is going to be amazing... wish i could see your pieces live and in person.

9:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so awesome, but you know that. I'm so glad you are going for it and getting your photos out there for everyone to see.
Yay you!

5:54 PM  
Blogger Amanda Jean said...

i'm here via melissa's blog. she told me to stop by and say HI. good luck on the show!

7:17 AM  
Blogger bugheart said...

wish i could
go...
congratulations
on a well
deserved show!
xo

6:15 AM  
Blogger bet(h) said...

your show was/is awesome, han. wow. that long white hallway became summer. i was in a story. and this is only the beginning. and that outfit? you make photographers look good! :)

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home