4.30.2008

things

film.207
so hey! how's it going? notice anything different about me? i'm not coughing! yeah, i know this is a blog to read, not to listen to, but for me this is a huge improvement. i pretty much have been sick sick sick since i got back from portland. i coughed so much i strained a muscle or did something to my ribs because it hurt just to breathe. fun. but that is all subsiding and things have been moving along ever so slowly around here. we painted the house last weekend! of course the yellow door is my favorite part, and i am sure it will pop up in pictures constantly. i haven't been doing any sewing, but i have a LOT planned. did you see what that crazy chicken did?? i think fold over elastic is going to change my life. well, my summer at least. making all those summer dresses i have planned for the girls. i have plenty to play with...so we'll see. i have however been doing a lot of cooking. a few months ago i picked up this book and i am loving it. it is divided into seasons, and has a picture for every recipe, which is nice. i will say that it probably is not the book for vegetarians, it's pretty heavy on the meats. as my veg friends say, we do have it easy. just cook up a piece of something and throw in a side. done. it's true. very easy. so far everything i have tried has been pretty quick and quite yummy. and that's about it for now. this friday is first friday again, and probably the first one with decent weather (if it doesn't rain, keep your fingers crossed). i'll be at habitat, so come on in and say hello, and wander out to the concert in the parking lot.

6 Comments:

Blogger house on hill road said...

your house looks great - i love your door, too. i'm getting ready to paint mine green. let me know how it goes with the fold over elastic....i'm so intrigued.

3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just put in my FOE order yesterday. i had to hold myself back a little bit... i'm thinking maybe i'll have a go at making underwear??? i know. silly hippie.

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the house...so cheery...and of course that yellow door seals the deal.

And I think I have your cough now...suhweet. ;)

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your feeling better.
The picture of the girls tights is absolutely adorable. Love it!!!

4:21 PM  
Blogger Alicia P. said...

Man that picture is amazing.

And I can't believe I was ever able to sit like that.

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

every time i'm in kansas city's habitat, i think of you.

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home