3.05.2008

resolutions

sisters
one of my resolutions this year was to not buy more art until i framed what i have. i already broke it. but, the good part is that i am working on it. kristen gave me this print last year for my birthday with the girls room in mind. it is by artist ashley g from st louis. and i love it. so do the girls. thank you kristen, spot on my friend. i finally took it in last week, and now it has a place at home.
three prints
now, i cant really be responsible for the time frame on this one. i had no idea it would be four years in the making. while i was pregnant with eliot i read somewhere that you could bring paper and ask for an extra set of footprints while they were doing their thing with the birth certificate. i was all over this. i think i asked david a million times if he had the watercolor pad while we were on the way to the hospital. crazy i know. i also insisted on balancing the checkbook before we left, but thats another story. anyway, so fast forward to now and here i find myself with three sets of lovely footprints. and lots of smiles. it is so nice to have these things out to enjoy. it really is. i know framing can be expensive. my friend beth tipped me off to a fantastic frame shop just down the street. thank you beth! i hope to have something else framed every few months or so, and then i can start worrying about my lack of wall space. it's always something, isn't it?

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty print! And those footprints? Awesome!! AND still loving the flags...

7:53 AM  
Blogger misschris said...

hmmm. a good resolution indeed.

the footprints are wonderful. the best art ever. :)

8:59 AM  
Blogger Sarah Y said...

okay, so you had them framed. Great. I keep meaning to figure out how to do it myself. Which means it doesn't happen. thanks for the impetus. And I love Ashley G.

9:09 AM  
Blogger wendy said...

oh I am so bringing watercolor paper to the hospital...putting it in my bag that is packed by the door!!

9:23 AM  
Blogger sulu-design said...

Oh, those footprints! Beautiful!

9:26 AM  
Blogger alyson. said...

I totally adore those tiny footprints. too cute.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Amy Nelson said...

Oooo! We're not even going to be thinking about having kids for a couple of years...but when we do - we'll get those footprints! So cute!

11:51 AM  
Blogger Alexis said...

Oh framing art! I can't even keep glass in the frames! I like the flag action that is going on in there too.
:)

1:23 PM  
Blogger lisa solomon said...

love your frame jobs...
and the flags....

i think it's better to run out of wall space. i have a gazillion things to frame... sigh

7:12 PM  
Blogger ellyy said...

oh i can relate, framing can be so expensive... it's worth it the end but still pricey.

my aunt had so many art on her walls that my little cousins took her aside one day and asked her why she never got their art framed!

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great idea! I will have to pack that in my hospital bag! Where do you get the watercolor ink? Is it something you can just find at Michaels? Thanks for the inspiration!

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home