6.22.2007

verano

before::after
ah summer. so glad you are here. officially anyway. we have been waiting impatiently for your arrival. the pool has made an appearence, but so far no public appearances by yours truly and her zone. thanks for the tips ladies. stephanie, boy shorts = brilliance. we have been consuming fruit like mad. seriously. we are burning through a 4lb crate of strawberries and a pound of blueberries a week over here. i personally am consuming one 3lb papaya a week. ok, arlo helps a bit, but thats it. its just me and my bowl full of goodness. i am happy to say that i got my summer postcard swap mailed out yesterday for the official start of the season. thank you to the wonderful andrea for organizing such fun. i suspect she is a girl after my own summer heart.

fathers day came and went. we had a great time relaxing with david. breakfast and dinner out in the same day. luxury i tell you. his requests were simple, new ku hat and flip flops. i even pushed the flip flops on him more or less. sunday eliot gifted him with a tshirt of his own exclusive design. eliot drew that fabulous cyclops a few months back and it has been hanging over the desk ever since. at one point david commented that it would make a great shirt and the thought lodged itself in my brain. so while david was out of town i spent one evening sprawled out on the floor watching a miami ink marathon and cutting the stencil. it was a female dog to cut out let me tell you. which is why although i think it is a rockin' tshirt and i really want one for myself, there will be no others. dang. maybe one day when i get up the nerve to pick up that speedball silk screening kit like myra. just maybe.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is the sweetest t-shirt! I am waiting to buy one of those silkscreening kits [need to clear off some projects on my "to do" list first]. =)

And I'm slow...I was like, "female dog"...what is she talking about, I thought it was a cyclops. HA!

Love the popsicle postcard...yummy!

1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the t-shirt did turn out great! i can only imagine how long it took you to cut that baby out.

happy summer hannah!

1:52 PM  
Blogger shari said...

boy does that papaya look good. i have fruit on the brain too. i need to go blueberry picking and i have decided that this is the weekend for the strawberry marscapone tart. :) loved the cyclops. i'm telling you. that is one fantastic drawing and an even more fantastic dad's day gift. xo

3:11 PM  
Blogger Heidijayhawk said...

that shirt is awesome! and i love the baby arlo toes in frame by the fruit. sooo cute you could eat those all day long too!

3:40 PM  
Blogger andrea said...

yes, I AM a girl after your own summer-loving heart. I suspect we'd get along quite famously. :) big fruit consumers here as well-- can't. get. enough.

can't wait to see your postcards! mine should go out by monday... (how sad is that?)

oh! and your music mix! I haven't forgotten about it! soon, I promise.

xo

4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy shorts! I say it over and over again. I preach boy shorts, and nobody listens.

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The fruit looks really yummy...but the t-shirt takes the cake. It's awesome! Totally worth all the time it took you to cut out the stencil :)

3:23 PM  
Blogger Joyce Collins said...

Hey, save some of those papaya seeds for a few days to dry them out! Plant them and you well soon get some palm looking trees. Sooo fun!
Oh, and happy upcoming birthday!

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home