6.08.2007

first time

i love you and i hate you
i am taking collette to get her hair cut today for the first time. ever. ever ever. not one strand of hair has been cut with scissors on this girl's head. whew. i have to admit that i am really nervous. i wonder if i will cry? i'll let you know. i love her hair and i hate it. it is a pain in the butt to wash. once i finally get it all lathered up, she has a nervous breakdown while i try to rinse it out. oh and the combing. that happens once every week or so. i know i know. it wouldnt be so bad if i did it regularly, but i swear to you imagine what it might be like to wrestle a male lion down, wedge him between your legs, keep him there while you try to aim some tangle spray in the right places, and then drag a comb through the knots and snaggles, and let's admit it, food that is in there. that is what is kinda like. plus big crocodile tears and sobs that break your heart. not fun. i mean the stuff takes up a third of her total height! so chopping it all off, i figure that is the way to go. i mean if i am going to get her up in that chair (i hope to god she will sit there) i might as well go all the way. i am taking the camera, snacks, and her best friend margot for distraction, and off we go to the darling room. i think amber might be a saint to agree to this.

9 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I've been stopping by for awhile but haven't left a comment yet. Oh what I would give for beautiful hair like Collette. After 3 years of hair torture (for both mom and daughter) my daughter Bryn 5 agreed to a pixie cut. It was so darn cute but very hard for dad to deal with. Hope all goes well for both of you. I'm sure the new dew will be absolutely adorable.

5:03 PM  
Blogger amy h said...

Amber is awesome! She cuts my hair, too. I can't wait to see what she does for Colette. :)

9:21 PM  
Blogger kimberly said...

oh I remember sitting on my mom's bed with her combing my hair! oh it was awful! She would yank the comb through my hair and I would scream and cry. I don't blame you for cutting it off, she's cute enough to last.

10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember a friend of Ian's getting her hair cut for the first time earlier this year. Her hair, like Colette's was beautiful, long, and thick. Cut into a shoulder touching bob, it was cute, seemed to suddenly make her smile a lot more (?), and I could suddenly see her eyes. Yes, you will cry...I would. Tie all that hair up in a pretty bow, put it away someplace safe. Can't wait to see Colette's new do. xo

11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we have hair combing battles on a daily basis here. they suck! i remember when we cut jane's hair into her first bob... it turned out so cute! good luck hannah!

4:20 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

When Margot and I returned home the other day after the haircut playdate, Margot said, "Mom, Collette is my best friend." Precious, just precious. I LOVE Collette's new cut. She's adorable.

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

she is soooooo cute. could shave her head and i would say the same thing.

:D

(ps, por favor no llore!

2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, show her new hair cut!

9:21 AM  
Blogger hannah said...

sue if you look in the post above, there is a hyperlink that says my new sweet, click on it to see a photo.

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home