6.06.2007

to june, a bit late.

snack
i had this whole lovely post planned for june first but the day went by me so fast that i just plain missed it. oh well. i do love june, it is my favorite month for many reasons. i am a june baby (yay shari, happy birthday saturday!) and i love summer. just flat out love it. i am already savoring sun-warmed concrete beneath bare feet, smoothies on the porch in the evening, and the sounds of eliot and collette chasing fire flies at dusk. music to my ears. i wish our june this year would continue at this lovely pace, but i already know it wont. david is off to l.a. for work on thursday, leaving me with a four day weekend with the kiddos. zoo and pool are on the docket, if, and i mean a big if, i can manage to get my bikini zone under control if you know what i mean. and i think you do. ugh. but regardless of the crazies coming up this month (dont worry, they are the good things happening kind of crazies) i still firmly plan to enjoy summer.

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hannah, go get yourself a boy short bikini. liberation.

happy june!

1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bikini talk makes me uncomfortable. but l.a. sounds really good. like, really good.

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy summer hannah!

2:07 PM  
Blogger lisa solomon said...

can't be off to a bad start w/ those cherries

2:08 PM  
Blogger amy h said...

We've been enjoying some fireflies and cherries, too. And, jeez, I can't even SEE my bikini zone over my baby belly right now. I may be in trouble.

2:13 PM  
Blogger clark eddy said...

cherries and bikini zone in the same post. i don't think i can ever read your blog again.

5:13 PM  
Blogger shari said...

i'm totally with stephanie! the things you love about june are dear to me too. last night, i was reading in bed and could see lightning bugs from my bedroom window. dreaminess. sun warmed concrete on bare feet is also a fave. :) thanks for the sweet bday wishes. i wished you lived closer; we could porch sit with a few cupcakes. xoxo

6:03 PM  
Blogger I'm Shannon said...

wax on, wax off

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

one word, one number hannah: mach 3

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry Hannah, I'm tagging you!
The rules are simple: You must list 7 random things about you and then pass it on to 7 other blogs, linking to the blogs in your own blog and also telling them about it on their blog

10:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a long term advocate of the boy shorts. And I'm a boy. I'd be humiliated to wear a ladies bathing suit, even if I was a lady.

Also, what Clark said.

5:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

UGH! Razor burn! I'm with Stephanie, boy short bikini, or one of those cute skirt jobbers, and just let it go :-) And for the record, this is the first time that I've discussed a stranger's bikini line!

7:10 AM  
Blogger Chara Michele said...

I love the month of June too! It is also my birthday month:)

11:05 AM  
Blogger molly | mommycoddle.com said...

sounds like my kind of June!
oh, and that 'zone'? I think stephanie has the right idea...because I feel like I'm not ready to graduate to a little skirt yet....

1:45 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

I LOVE this photo. I gotta hand it to you Hannah, you're the only one I know who could talk about bikini zones on their blog and I would find it funny rather than be offended.

8:58 PM  
Blogger Joyce Collins said...

Is David in LA alot these days? Burns has Gary in LA more than in KC. Maybe our guys should get together there!

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home