6.14.2007

the 7 random

random
allison tagged me for 7 random things a few days back, and wouldnt you know randomly things have been coming to me about myself. funny how that works. ok, so seven things.
1. i have to sleep with some sort of cover in the summer. or more precisely i need the weight of a blanket on me to fall asleep, just the sheet wont cut it. thank goodness someone invented throw sized down comforters so that i can lay under my blanket while david is all spread eagle over there on top of the sheets. how can he possible fall asleep like that? it is beyond me.
2. coffee makes me feel very adult, especially buying coffee at the store. every time i fill my bag with green mountain organic french roast (uh, yum) i have this feeling of being old. i think because as a kid i hated coffee and always thought my parents were wacky for drinking it, and here i am all old with my own pot, grinder and beans.
3. i have freakishly long elbows. i mean it. they are a force to be reckoned with. just ask my friends. who needs mace when you have these puppies? i mean look at that thing, its like a cudgel.
4. i am death to plants. got some basil from melissa, killed it. yes i did. watched toby's bonsai tree, killed it. just got a tomato plant from a guy at work on friday. yes. it is already dead. i dont know why. i watered it. too much? too little? i dont know.
5. i have more than once been told that i am "bawdy", which is so funny to me because i hardly ever curse. i am willing to discuss just about any bodily function in great detail. a, because i find it fascinating, and b, because after working in the field for nine years as an archaeologist you get bored and talk about anything, usually how and where you found a good spot to take a dump, whether or not the soil was too rocky to dig a hole for it, and what ever you do dont go near that tree about 20 meters that way because i promise you will pass out from the stench. awesome. i also personally horrified all my female friends with my detailed descriptions of child birth, but in the long run i think i did them a favor too. i do enjoy a good joke with just a touch of naughty.
6. on the flip side, i was a virgin when i got married. not trying to make any statement. actually among my circle of friends i am in the majority, but i think that puts me in the minority with the general public. probably.
7. i consistently have what i call catastrophe scenarios running through my head. like what would david do with the kids if i died? my mom is late getting to the house, oh i could kill her, but maybe she got in a wreck and is mangled on the side of the road somewhere. they are brief, just a quick run through of the possibilities and then my brain moves on. i dont consider myself a fearful person at all. pragmatic or morbid? who knows.

i could actually go on and on. i have my fair share of oddities, but who doesnt? i have no will to tag anyone else. do it if you feel like it.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well of course you were a virgin-- weren't you 14 or something when you got married?

you've opened the door wide open to the 7 random, dear friend. i love you.

12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, while i don't have it in me to discuss bodily functions in complete detail, i could listen to others talk about it for hours. what does that say?

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! I have long elbows, too! I hear they hurt when I nub them into one's ribs. ;) I have to sleep with a blanket as well...I'm also a blanket hog. And I think we could have some long chats about bodily functions. And well, Melissa's comment...funny funny.

12:42 PM  
Blogger Auntjune said...

i, also am incapable of blanketles sleep. i'll email you an invite to the next IBS support club meeting.

3:14 PM  
Blogger amy h said...

I know the catastrophe scenarios well! Mine didn't start until my dad died -- what's your excuse? :)

3:40 PM  
Blogger molly | mommycoddle.com said...

YES!! x 7 (well, except for #3) mine aren't long.
i think we'd get along well in "real" life, my friend!

6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well my elbows aren't long, just bony and pointy, and I don't like coffee unless it has alot of sugar, but other than that this could be me.

And Amy, my disaster scenarios started when my dad died too.

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't ever change, kiddo.

11:07 AM  
Blogger bugheart said...

i love
these
random
lists
and
your
green
shoes.
:)

8:05 AM  
Blogger MWM said...

Why are these lists of random things so intriguing?
Married at 14? Do they still allow that?:)
I lack elbows actually, but can not sleep without a cover.

6:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

seven days. seven days since your last post? c'mon!

12:19 PM  
Blogger Erin Lang Norris said...

i recently got over my blanket-need. i have graduated to a thick linen sheet thing. :)

what a great list! this is my first time visiting your blog and i am in love.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Blair said...

you realize that when I finally meet you in person I'll not be able to stop staring at your elbows...

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home