5.11.2007

film.for.friday

film.7
film.12
film.8
after all that complaining, i finally got up the gumption to get out my film camera. this beautiful piece of machinery was a gift from david, pre-children, so at least a good five years ago. when i got it i promptly stuck some film in, shot a roll, took it to get developed and ended up with one maybe two pictures to show for it. i didnt load the film correctly, therefor it didnt advance correctly. dejected i stuck it on my dresser and there it sat until last week. my friend beth came over, gave me a quick lesson and i put in my roll of 12 and stalked everyone in my house (if you care to see the set). it was so fun! i love it. not to say that i wont be getting a digital again, but it does feel different to shoot film. the camera itself is soooo heavy and it makes that fantastic clicking and advancing noise that you just cant get anywhere else. mmm. i can see this becoming and addiction. i can also see the immediate need for a decent scanner. the one at work is bollocks... anyway, looking forward to a sunny weekend this time. last time i jinxed kc and we got buckets, i mean buckets, of rain. sorry friends. this time it really will be sunny and 85. i am taking collette and margot to the zoo tomorrow for collette's third birthday. she turns three on monday!! what? how is that even possible? i dont know so dont ask. and tonight, ooo, tonight we go to sam's town with friends. yay! i havent been to a concert in a bit, and an outdoors one in forever. should be good times. and have you seen erin's smocked dress??? i smacked my forehead it turned out so good!! hot. i fiddled yesterday with some linen type fabric for collette. sad to say that it is waaay too heavy for the elastic thread to really do much. oh well, but that means that all that super cute, cheap quilters cotton that we all love is prime summer dress material ladies. get crackin'. have a good one people.

Labels:

16 Comments:

Blogger Cornelia said...

Hi, I hope you don't mind me dropping in to your blog. Just wanted to let you know I love your photos, they do have a softer quality than digital. It's been so long since I used a film camera, but I always loved the close ups I did with my Mum's old one. You may just have inspired one new reader! Have a great weekend.

1:45 PM  
Blogger cat collier martinez said...

oh yeah the pics are fantastic. i needed the "manual" reminder of how film is one beautiful thing to behold. have a great weekend.

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hannah- I adore the picture of the worms in his hand. It's got such a great little boy nostalgia thing going on. So good.

7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hip hip for film! paul and were discussing bbf last night and the need for me to get reaquainted with the old canon. because, you know, it's just that good.

7:58 PM  
Blogger Claudia said...

Beautiful film pix!

Thought of this as I was reading your post. . .
this article from ABC's Nightline News about the "lost art of bad photos" due to digital cameras. (I'm not saying you take bad photos, BTW.) http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/Technology/story?id=3157344

Here's where you can find the video segment entitled "Photo Fixes", http://abcnews.go.com/nightline

11:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such beautiful photos, Hannah - the worm one is cool! Film photos seem to have such a warm quality to them. Seeing yours makes me want to give it a go too.

Have a great weekend!

12:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hannah, i love your film pics - they are really wonderful! hope you had good luck with collette's dress - sorry about the triangle bit. happy weekend!

5:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh how I love film, i really do. and you've definitely got the hang of it.

Happy Mom's Day!

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hot so hot, Hannah! I love that self-portrait. I was going to apologize for forgetting to loan you my small digital, but I think I did you a favor.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Joyce Collins said...

Happy Mother's Day!

1:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's totally worth the couple bucks or so to get the film put onto a CD at the developing place when you get the film developed. The light seems different in film pictures.

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

um ... more film.
{have i said that before?!}

1:29 PM  
Blogger lisa solomon said...

ah film. so good.... and the surprise.... beautiful!

11:36 PM  
Blogger T.M.K. said...

oh so lovely.

5:53 AM  
Blogger andrea said...

I know I already commented over on your flickr set but I just can't help myself-- every time I look at these I want to let out a little gasp. sometimes I actually do. oh so lovely, these shots. makes me want to pick up my old camera again.

p.s. thanks for the book recommendations! much appreciated. xo

12:31 PM  
Blogger bet(h) said...

oh, oh my, han. such fantastic shots. i'll have to comment on them separately - but wanted to applaud your efforts and results in total. yay for film!!!

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home