4.05.2007

upright again

new golas
thank you for all the sympathy pains, i feel much less sheepish about the whole thing. walking normally this last week and enjoying life without thinking about my lower back. but like getting sick on a certain food (shepherds pie and cherry limeade, bleck...) i think i will now have a lingering dread in the back of my mind when any sort of physical exertion of the back variety is called for. ah age. you devil you.

things going on in my head these days. the weather? again with the menopausal stuff, 80 one day and 40 the next. what the freak?? my lilacs were starting to bloom, and if they get all mushy and die because of the freeze, kansas city mark my words, i will never, ever forgive you. you are on the list. watch out. stupid city...

easter fast approaching, we will be spending time with david's parents. which means in my lazy parenting mind, grandma is in charge of all things easter related. the eggs, the baskets, the hunt. all i have to do is put them in cute clothes and take a few pictures. sweet. thank you grandma! still spending lots of time in the kitchen. thanks to this sweet girl, we are hooked on this crazy good and easy cake. aren't they cute? make it right now. i mean it. recently and now forever hooked on the sartorialist. who doesnt love to look at people in cool clothes on the streets of fashionable cities? i dont know who. and lastly a boon to my rusty spanish skills, i have been reading we love crafts mag. so good for me because while i have stacks and stacks of spanish books on my shelves, i dont pick them up. give me arts and crafts in spanish? i'll take it. thank you very much.

oh and in case you all are wondering, the shoes? habitat of course. it is such hard work supporting friends. really takes so much out of me....

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i get to go into lazy parent mode for Easter too - enjoy!

1:20 PM  
Blogger shari said...

we're expecting a frost tonight. i can't believe it. glad you are feeling better hannah. love those shoes and molly and brandon are the cutest! i so enjoyed watching the clip. must make the lemon cake soon! looks delicious. xo

2:17 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Aw, your shoes! :)

6:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice shoes!

I actually printed out a Sartorialist photo the last time I had my hair cut, and the stylist recognized it from the blog! I knew she was a good stylist. :)

7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh - the sartorialist is definitely one of my most frequent stops. who doesn't love looking at all those terribly fashionable people?

4:50 AM  
Blogger Heidijayhawk said...

good grief...i wish this midwestern weather would get ahold of itself! hope you have a happy easter! grandmas running the show over here too!

6:35 AM  
Blogger molly | mommycoddle.com said...

so glad you are upright again.
going to check out that cake recipe. i'm in charge of dessert this easter weekend...

7:23 AM  
Blogger julieree said...

so glad you are on the mend! And yeah, winter's last dying gasps are rather tortuous aren't they?

But in those shoes, can't help feeling springy I bet. :)

7:54 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

Awww, you're so sweet, my friend. Thanks for the shout-out to me and Brandon and the infamous lemon cake! So glad it's a hit with you and yours.

And three cheers for being back upright! I'm quite sure it's those SUPER CUTE shoes you're wearing. Don't you think?

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh H! First of all, may I say it looks really lovely over here. Second of all, I have no experience with back pain, but have witnessed the wrath and hope I never get it. I'm dragging my yoga mat out with you. Peter has done an intervention of sorts with me recently, got to exercise Blair! I'm not pushing you around in one of those chairs when we're older.

Hope you're mending nicely... xo

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home