3.16.2007

back at friday again

i have to say it. where did the week go? i know i spent as much time as possible outside monday, tuesday and wednesday. lots of walking, reading and enjoying the porch with that little preview of nicer weather that kansas city gave us. things have settled back to a more normal springish level with grey skies and temps in the 40s and 50s. oh, didnt you know? this is my weather blog now. forget about crafts, lets talk air streams and depressions and cold fronts! seriously i am turning into an old lady obsessed with the weather. gah. i must admit that i have a hard time going to bed at night if i havent checked the next day's weather forecast on at least two separate web pages. sick.

anyway, i did get out of the house last night and did something fun. i went to see a free screening of the new television version of this american life at screenland.
i suppose i should admit to being mildly obsessed with ira glass as well. many, many, many a days stuck in my cube at work were made bearable only because i was able listen to t.a.l archives online. david and i even saw him speak when he came through town a few years ago. i was pregnant with some child, i cant remember which.

other things tickling my fancy these days (did i just say that?) are sew green sash's new collaborative blog. i would like to make my life more green, and i dont think using the same plastic swizzle stick in my coffee for weeks on end is really cutting it. time to step up. and habitat is getting in spring and summer goodness that is making me weak in the knees, like these... and of course much time being spent over at flickr as always. loving sam on the beach, silver & blue, orange, more orange, and green. have a good weekend friends!

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We saw Ira Glass a few years ago, too -- perhaps the same tour, but we were in LA. The illustrator Chris Ware was in that show, too. I didn't know they were screening the TV show last night! We're going to Screenland tomorrow night -- a rare night out.

You have to get a little weather-obsessed this time of year, or else you end up wearing shorts in the snow. No one wants that.

12:53 PM  
Blogger T.M.K. said...

my oldest is at his grandparents' for two days so what do i do? listen to t.a.l. while nursing and stitching an applique. like all day long. pathetic perhaps but my 3 y.o. has a habit of talking over ira so a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. how was the television version? i'm skeptical but hoping it exceeds my expectations. take care.

2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love t.a.l. - will be interested to see the tv version.

and thanks for the packages - got it today!

2:23 PM  
Blogger pixiegenne said...

oh...ira glass...yum....

2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a serious Ira Glass thing for a long while. I recently saw a preview for the new show and seeing him on screen pretty much ruined it for me.

My mom starts nearly all her stories with, "I was pregnant with one of you...". Granted she was pregnant in 1970, 1975 and 1981 so basically she seems to not be able to clearly recall 11 years of her life.

5:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hah! i'm that crazy lady in the summer hot. the weather people become the objects of all my love and scorn.

was dear ira good?

6:11 PM  
Blogger Toni said...

It never fails. Your writing cracks me up every.time. I love your humor!

8:27 PM  
Blogger Cally said...

just saying 'hi'.
I've not been here for months, I get so lost in blog links, so many to choose from, but I saw your comment at jumilla baugs and thought I'd pop by.

3:42 AM  
Blogger lisa solomon said...

hi, my name is lisa and i have a secret crush on ira glass.... :)

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, my name is Blair and I have a bigger crush than anybody on Ira Glass! I heard him say in an interview that he gets marriage proposals quite frequently. The thought of being forced to sit in a cubicle, working, listening to t. a. l. sounds almost erotic : )

xo

5:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Obviously there's something about crafty girls and crushes on Ira Glass! I'll raise my hand and join the group too! It's funny though, when I first started listening to TAL a long time ago, something about his voice drove me up a wall but now it's...well...different.

I didn't know about the tv show so thanks for the heads up!

7:12 PM  
Blogger marsha said...

I don't know - everyone seems to think that they have a bigger crush on Ira than I do. Doesn't seem possible ;)

It's the giggle - the Ira giggle is the bomb.

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home