2.23.2007

the sun came out

soaking it up
sitting
melted all the snow, made things warmer, and we got out of the house. just to soak it up. i have been walking around all week with a big dumb grin on my face. loving this weather, just loving it! i know full well that kc will toss in some crap just to mess with me, but i have the upper hand. david and i have been getting all spring cleaning twitchy. i already hauled off four bags of toys and kids clothes to goodwill, without even touching all the junk in the basement. i did go down there to contemplate my crafting space. it is a mess. stuff strewn about, covered in cobwebs and generally feeling sad and neglected. i have been thinking about having a little crafty garage sale of sorts here on huffmania next week. post things that i have that i know i am not going to get around to using, first come first serve? what do you say? you all interested? i even promise to clean off the cobwebs and dust bunnies. just a thought.

david and i watched a terrific movie last night, half nelson with ryan gosling. i have had it on my radar for months, waiting for it to come out on dvd. ryan (we are on a first name basis) was amazing. he plays a disenchanted school teacher with a crack habit. i know, doesnt sound particularly uplifting, but it was good, watch it. shareeka epps plays his student and friend and she was wonderful too, this tough street girl with the sweetest smile you have ever seen. i have a little crush on mr. gosling, mostly because he reminds me of my favorite actor, christian bale. oh yes. i am full on in love with mr. bale. my all time favorite movie is empire of the sun, which means i have been a long time fan of mr. bale (giving my obsession more legitimacy in my eyes). believe you me, i have a date with the prestige next week. if i can get my hands on some of these too, that would be hot. thanks blair for the heads up! have a good weekend friends.

10 Comments:

Blogger Stacy said...

He.he. he. If only I knew where you lived, I'd come sit in your front lawn at 5:00 a.m. hoping to the first to get a "preview" of all the goodies. I'd also shout "I'll give you a nickel" when you've listed something as $5.00. Don't you hate those kinds of garage-salers??

I'm only kidding. I'm not one of them!! (i've just had a few too many experiences with the pro-garage-saler to not kid about them). But, I'd be interested at taking a gander at what you've got to be rid of. :) And, I'd probably take your "freebie" basket a little too seriously....if given half a chance.

11:59 AM  
Blogger julieree said...

I am not familiar with this mr. gosling, though I am a HUGE fan of mr. Bale. So I think I should check out this little gosling person.

hope you have a wonderfully warm(ish) weekend!!

1:31 PM  
Blogger Heidijayhawk said...

i have been a fan of ryan's since he was a mouseketeer! good taste girlie!

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hannah!
I also love mr. bale and empire of the sun. love it-and have for soooo long. did you read the novel? and I have been meaning to check out half nelson-thanks for remindng me. did you see little animals? is that what it was called? with christian bale? creepy/sad/good.

4:19 PM  
Blogger molly | mommycoddle.com said...

oh that sun looks so good!
Your basement craft sale sounds good. I'll even wear my fanny-pack--like all good garage-salers, right?!

5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not happy to be hearing more about the beautiful KC weather. I've gotten the full report from Jen. She's cleaning and clearing out too, must be the spring air.

If you don't get your GS cookies, you just let me know. I've got my connections.

7:34 PM  
Blogger kimberly said...

IN.

9:47 PM  
Blogger lisa solomon said...

i love the garage sale idea - i've been thinking of doing that too.... :)

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'll be stopping by your garage sale - oh yeah! and thanks for the half nelson recommendation. we are always looking for a good movie in this house.

4:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have also been in love with Mr. Bale ever since I saw Empire of the Sun in 7th grade. OH, he was so incredible to me back then, and still is now.

After reading your post, I want to rent it sometime for the thrill of watching it for the first time in years.

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home