1.18.2007

this, that and santa

reading
i feel like i am juggling a lot right now. luckily they all seem to be things i actually want to be juggling, so that is nice. this is the stack by my bed right now, which for me is revolutionary. i used to be a strict one book at a time girl. i mean, i wouldnt even think about another book until i had finished the one i was in, and now i have three going and just picked up two more. my thirteen year old bookworm self is getting a little panicky, and my rebellious thirty year old self (is that contradictory??) is being somewhat belligerent to the nerd in my heart. go figure. for me crafting is always competing with reading. i have been making progress on eliot's birthday quilt. that is to say, i have things assembled, ironed and ready to cut. i foresee lots of cutting and sewing in my weekend. not so much reading i guess.

work has calmed down which is always nice, still busy but minus the frenzy. and just yesterday i found a new pair of argyle socks hiding in the bottom of my sock drawer. what does that have to do with work you might ask? nothing, but the fact that i spent most of my work day smiling because i had new argyle socks on. i have a severe dislike of solid/plain colored socks and try my best to avoid them as much as possible. why? i dont know.

the special part
monday this beauty came in the mail from melissa (melissa, sadly your gift which is 90 percent finished has been out ranked by the quilt. i didnt think you would mind. christmas in july?) and i cant stop looking at it. she added this stitching for me, which i love. i hope to see/have/experience/appreciate bounty in all things this year and on into the future. i think i am going to hang this in my room to remind me every day. thank you melissa, spot on.

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger bet(h) said...

stellar quilt. and i love the word bounty. amazing how setting a word out all by itself really makes you think about it. so simple.

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The quilt is gorgeous!

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THIS PART OF MY COMMENT IS A TRIBUTE TO OWEN MEANY.

when we were first married and i had a corporate-type job and wore conservative j.crew pantsuits with striped or argyle socks everyday, jack called me a "closeted clown". (now he has no solid socks either).

beautiful gift from melissa! enjoy the bounty.

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh look at that quilt love. beautiful.

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am happily ousted by something so good as that quilt-- can't wait to see it. love that top picture of the books, and that mug is good good. have been wanting to read julia and julia.

12:37 PM  
Blogger molly | mommycoddle.com said...

every TIME i wear my argyle socks, someone comments on them. they're so jealous. okay, now you have to checkout the children's book, "argyle" for your kids. We got it for Christmas. it's so funny. I don't know the author offhand, its in mary's room where she's napping away.

I'm always fascinated by your book lists--i see a lot of CS Lewis in there...love that. Dan has always been a multiple book reader, too. i can do multiple magazines, but books? can't do it.

and look at that melissa. what a gem!

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy Julie and Julia. The book was much different than I'd thought, but got me looking into Julia Child more (i.e. watching her old shows on dvd). And hungry!

2:00 PM  
Blogger lisa solomon said...

i *still* can't read more than one book at a time...

and argyle all the way baby!

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about avoiding plain socks. Color is fun!! Especially in Japan when people are always walking around in their socks. Good luck getting through that stack of books!

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second Stephanie's tribute. A prayer for Owen Meany is my all time favorite book - you'll love it. I think I have to read it again now.. it's been a while.

1:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, i used to be obsessed with argyle socks, but then the sock monster mysteriously ate all my matches (how does that happen?), so all my argyle non-matches have been discarded. but now i wear those thick, fuzzy chenille socks around the house because they are so warm. joe makes fun of me because sometimes i accidentally wear them with shoes and my feet get really sweaty and gross. i can't help it, i just love them so much! by the way, i read the anatomy of barnacles book a while back, and it was really fun to read. bookworms rule! and so do grandmas.

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm becoming a multi-booker myself.

1:02 PM  
Blogger bugheart said...

i too
stay far
away
from
solid colored
socks.
i don't know
how grub puts
on plain black
socks
EVERY day.
i would go mad.
secretly i am
slipping
stripped socks
into his sock
drawer
when he's not
looking.

i can't read
more than
one book
at once.
it's like
having many
lovers at once...
i get names
confused.

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home