1.30.2007

the boy is five

five years old
yesterday eliot turned five. the official age of big boys we have been informed. big indeed. big heart, big hugs, big smiles. eliot you changed our lives in so many ways i cant even begin to keep track. i cant imagine life without you.
five years old
i remember life before you, and sometimes it seems nice, but i could never go back. i wouldnt trade you holding my hand on the couch. i wouldnt trade you telling me that you think i am great on a whim. i wouldnt trade telling stories under the covers with you for anything. nothing.
five years old
i know that soon enough you wont be asking me to play transformers, that you will be off with your buddies doing what buddies do. i know that soon you wont let me give you kisses outside of school. i know that soon mom and dad will be soooo embarrassing, but i know too that in our house, away from buddies, school, and anyone else you will let me give you hugs and kisses and rumple your hair and scratch your back. dont worry, i wont tell. it will be our secret.

eliot - "you are my sweetest downfall. i loved you first"

Labels:

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I love how you talk about your babes, hannah. So honest and sincere and just lovely. You are printing all of this off as a baby book, right? What about a blurb book!?

Happy birthday sweet boy! And Happy BIRTHday to the mama too!

8:50 AM  
Blogger stephanie said...

happy birthday mr. e!

five is a big one. big hugs to you, hannah.

love the regina spektor.

9:21 AM  
Blogger bugheart said...

wow
so cute...
happy birthday to him
and
happy mom day to you.
xo

9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday E! This post made me teary...something so sweet and special about the bond between mother and first-born son. Let's pretend our boys will always want to hold our hands. =)

9:49 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

this was a sweet post...
being the mom of a seven year old
boy,
it totally resonated with me.

10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what!? no public kissing? somebody should have warned paul's dad about that.

happy birthday to the two of you!

10:38 AM  
Blogger molly | mommycoddle.com said...

geez, hannah. this was so sweet. just like amanda said, i love how you talk about your children.
happy five years eliot. you big boy.

11:17 AM  
Blogger pixiegenne said...

what a sweet boy! happy birthday!!!

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birfday eliot!

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not sure how a five year old boy wins for being the kindest boy I know. I am so glad to have gotten to know him these years. My new favorite is that he wanted a black monster face tshirt and I could only find navy..."that's okay, this is a different color of black Sarah". I do still wish he called me Saria.

2:50 PM  
Blogger lisa solomon said...

oh yes... big boy indeed. [what a cutie!]

happy b-day to you!!

6:54 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

Happy Birthday Eliot! I will always remember how sweet you were on the Colorado trip when you were 1! I'm glad you were there and our family is glad to know you.

8:48 PM  
Blogger bet(h) said...

most definitely one of the best boys ever born. and i am not exaggerating. loved your post, hannah.

happy birthday eliot!

8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday kiddo.

10:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy 5th birthday to eliot! remember mental high fives? what a great boy!

8:17 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Happy Birthday little (big) man! =)

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw! Happy (belated) birthday! 5 is the bestest age ever!

12:32 PM  
Blogger kimberly said...

I would just like to say that I like Eliot. having him in class sunday mornings occasionally is like the best thing ever.

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home