1.31.2007

remember i used to make things?

remember that? when i would do crazy things like sew, or use my gocco, or make collages? that was fun. i have hit a funk, both mentally and medically. all i really want to do right now is sleep. every morning i sleep just a few minutes later because i know i can make up time in the shower. who needs to shave? not in the winter. nope. yesterday i stayed in bed so long that my lunch consisted of some cheese stuffed in a pita with some mayo, the squirt kind, its faster. thats it. nothing else. not smart. i know. everyone in our house is going through varying degrees of sickness. eliot being the least sick, arlo being the worst. so sad. she wakes up with her nose and face crusted with goo and her eyes almost crusted shut. breaks my heart. i myself have been toying with some strange nocturnal sore throat. completely fine during the day, but by nine oclock or so it feels like i am trying to swallow shards of glass. ouch.
time with david
nocturnal sore throat be damned, david and i got out of the house last night. our dear friend beth came over to be with the sleeping children while we had coffee and caught a movie. thank you beth! we talked about the kids (of course), work (bleh), and the future (always). while i have a fairly strong grasp of what my distant future will look like, i sure do wish the near future was not so hazy. i suppose there will always be hurdles, dare i say that is life? but it would be nice if time to time they were smallish ones. certainly i should clarify that my life is in pretty much no way hard and that i am deeply thankful for what i have and what i have managed to accomplish. lets see if i can get any sewing accomplished, huh?

15 Comments:

Blogger Sasha said...

I can relate, my crafting has dried up lately, stess and lack of energy have prevailed. I am trying to jump start myself with some mindless knitting. You'll find something that will get the juices flowing soon I'm sure, meanwhile it's OK to just hibernate a bit and take care of yourself and the wee ones.

11:27 AM  
Blogger bet(h) said...

wish the movie had been better. but glad you got q-time regardless. :) and i am WITH you on the hazy near-future. though i think even my distant is hazy, too. :) ah well. character-building time, right? yippee.

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i call it the january funk. it always happens to me. by mid-february, though, life looks a whole lot rosier.

hope you and all yours feel better soon.

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Make sure you take care of yourself. It's always harder to see past the hurdles when you are a bit under the weather.
So, first step would be to add some green stuff or some fruit or something with some sort of vitamin in it into your lunch box!!!

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A night out with the hubby...sounds perfect. Beth is a sweet friend!

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, girl. i hope you feel better soon. please kick me for saying this (please?) but sometimes i wish i felt a little sick so i had an excuse to stay in bed because i am SO TIRED. so tired. but i know staying in bed cannot be easy when you have three small children. i wish i could come over and rescue you like your friend beth. i am a good baby sitter. xo,
lisa

3:02 PM  
Blogger Heidijayhawk said...

hope things are getting better over there. sick babies are the worst. they ae so sad and helpless. chin up girlie!

5:04 PM  
Blogger lisa solomon said...

oh god - don't make things... feel better! much more important.... [and can i stupidly second lisa up there?]


rest rest

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you guys are sick, in whatever degree, its never good. I've been so busy all day, then suddenly sat down with Ian tonight and realized he has a bit of a fever! I didn't pick up on it! But, like you, I can just take shorter showers, slap together lunch for myself (pria bar), and sleep a couple extra minutes. Or maybe just snuggle with a sick one for a couple of extra minutes. xo

8:05 PM  
Blogger julieree said...

oh feel better hannah! I complain that I am tired and then I think of all you people with little people to take care of and I realize I don't actually have a clue what tired means.

And yeah that future stuff is tough. I try not to think about it. (oh wait that's probably not actually a very good idea)

Best best best wishes for speedy recovery for all huffmans little and big. xo!

8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have the same thing! but um, with a sinus headache, which is gross and comes in the morning. but the sore throat at night! more like 7pm though. i'm on pst :) life is good right? right.

9:28 PM  
Blogger kayla said...

hope you feel better. can't imagine being sick AND having little ones to take care of, but your beautiful tribute to eliot below makes it sound worth it!

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Hannah, im sure so many of us can relate...one of those periods..just allow yourself some time out and relax..read mags, sleep, take walks...youll feel better soon :)

1:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just found you lovely blog...hope you are all feeling better next time I come to visit. Nel

1:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel it also. It seems like all my usual verve, sass, spunk, and gumption have been frozen. Perhaps they will thaw again when the weather heats up. And let us not forget that the Huffman household is under the dark specre of recurring rhinovirus.

5:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home