12.19.2006

smocks are good

a friend of mine sent me this very simple smock pattern that i knew i wanted to try out for collette. once i finally found the time and motivation to do a little something in the studio, uh i mean basement, from start to finish this little number took me 45 minutes. seriously. pretty good right? i'll say. some brown corduroy, beautiful trim from lisa and a fake "serged" edge and done. i could have made it even easier (remember easy means lazy for me) on myself and just edged the thing in bias tape but i only had extra wide brown so instead i opted for a quarter inch fold over and some tight zigzag stitching. this was by far the longest process. i really want one of these for myself. is that wrong? hmm... i would show you this smock on collette, but really, she never ever ever wakes up from a nap happy. ok, maybe like twice, but yesterday wasnt one of those days. you would think after getting all that snuggly good rest in she would be beaming. not so. not even with a cracker. oh well. must take after her father...

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Lilli in Vancouver said...

Such a darling smock. You just whipped that up, huh? Would that all clothes were so cinchy to make :)

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet smock. I would wear one! =)

11:42 AM  
Blogger bugheart said...

it's so not wrong!
half the time i love
the clothes best
in the children's
section...
if only i were
smaller!
:)

11:45 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

How do you do your fake serged edge? I don't have a serger but I love the look - I didn't know there was a way to "fudge" it!

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh-turned out so good! and I hope Miss C. likes it, and yes, one for yourself would be lovely, especially with pockets. I gots to have my pockets.

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh its so beautiful! :) lvoe those colors together...:)

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is great! you should make yourself one. i think i would wear one myself.

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think we have the same sewing attention span...so, yes, I want to try this! But then you did that quilt, so I'm not sure...
it's fantastic, but the grumpy faced flickr picture is even better....

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love the smock hannah. i think you should definitely make another for yourself. xo shari ps: i have a great pear bread recipe for you to try. :)

2:43 PM  
Blogger lisa solomon said...

i want one too - is that wrong? :)

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hannah- I LOVE this. I mean it.

I'm going to dream of this for myself for days. I totally may have to copy you and try to make one adult-sized and similar after the holidays. Over a tight long sleeve t-shirt? Oh- too good.

6:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oo oo! I want one too. tres chic.

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home