1.08.2007

my pillow says thank you, she missed me

eliot and collette spent the weekend at my parents house. david and i spent the first five minutes or so missing them and then we got over it and had a nice dinner. its true, dont act surprised, besides remember that we still had one little one in tow. then we hauled arlo over to some friends house and played one of the most rousing games of pictionary in recent history. whew. arlo was a champ, and slept in the pack-n-play, like eliot used to, and then god bless that little girl she slept until 10:30 the next morning. wow. it was like college, i hadnt slept that long in forever. i stayed in my pjs until well past lunch time. and it was excellent. i would like to tell you that i spent the whole weekend cleaning up like some people, but no. instead i watched lots of romantic comedies on tv and spent more time with friends on saturday. and what did that little cherub of a girl do sunday morning? slept until ten again! i slept so much i hurt my back, which is a sure sign of aging. also made me realize just how freaking loud the other two are in the morning. ok, but i shouldnt be so hard on them, because they are sweet and i was glad to have them back (for about five minutes...), if only they could work on the volume factor. 800 square feet isnt that much for five people. but they are cute. dang. my friend vikkie took these shots a couple weeks ago and i love them so i am sharing. thanks vik!
glow arlo
glow eliot

10 Comments:

Blogger vwiese said...

Oh my, you posted them, nice!!!! I love it, Your kids and I had a great night of playing with the glow sticks, good times!!

12:39 PM  
Blogger donna said...

what are they playing with? those pictures are AWESOME!!!! and arlo, God bless you, child. 10am is my favorite hour. :)

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice sleeping, Arlo! And you too Hannah. Sleep is good.

Where on earth did she find that many glow sticks?!

1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the photos!

i heart bed. really love it. i am so happy you and arlo got some quality sleep this weekend. not much is better.

2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As you may guess, your weekend sounds much more fun than mine was. And lucky you and Ms. sleep-in Arlo. I'd have a mirror under my kid's noses at 7:01am. I'm not kidding!

My new pillows were nice and poofy. So poofy in fact that I woke up this am with an ache in my neck. Damn Oprah!

7:13 PM  
Blogger molly | mommycoddle.com said...

I get "bed sores" from staying in bed too late too! We ARE getting old. ten would have been early in college...
your weekend sounds lovely.
those pictures are great. I was admiring them on flickr yesterday...

5:36 AM  
Blogger julieree said...

What a cool picture of eliot. That looks like so much fun.

I think sleeping is my all-time favorite thing to do. really.

6:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

she probably slept so long because she wasn't sharing a room. goodness. when david hits it big and you are wealthy beyond imagine, all your children (by then you should have at least three more) should get separate wings.

6:51 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

I am so glad you had such a relaxing weekend and lots of extra sleep too. Must have seemed a bit weird with only one babe at home.

7:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

arlo sure doesn't want to lose her place as the favorite!!

6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home