12.11.2006

straight lines is where its at

strip quilt
binding
seriously. i know you will not believe me when i say that this was easy, but i stand by my claim. if you can cut and sew in a straight line, you can make this quilt. i was inspired by julies strip quilt which is so lovely, and i thought to myself this is my kind of thing. of course i made it even easier by only quilting in straight lines and by machine stitching the binding. read easy = lazy in my lexicon. things were not helped by an extreme amount of procrastination on my part. i was in a sort of fog all last week for various reasons. anyway, the proud soon to be parents really liked it. i knew kerry would, but was delighted that clark did as well. lucky me! thank you stephanie for hosting such a great evening. for those that are interested, there is a set on flickr to peruse. just the sort of thing i needed, even though the event wasnt for me! good food, friends, wine and one kid, whats not to like? exactly. so onto other things. i have settled down on a christmas card idea (speaking of julie again, did you see hers??? love.) and now it is just a matter of dusting off the ol' gocco and setting to work. lots of excitement this week. christmas programs, concerts, and david jets off to los angeles for five days. whew. now that i think about it maybe dusting off the gocco might take longer that i thought. hmmm...

Labels: ,

21 Comments:

Blogger lisa solomon said...

GORGEOUS quilt... just stunning...

happy dusting off the gocco!

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just beautiful!

Love love the colors.

12:18 PM  
Blogger beki said...

WOW! It looks fabulous! I'd love to attempt one of these, but I DO have trouble cutting and sewing in a straight line. Darned straight lines! Perhaps I could do a wonky version.

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, that straight lines thing is definitely a problem for me....

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love it. seriously. i can't stop staring at it. and using it for myself. :)

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love the sorts of browns...

i've been hearing all this hoopla about the christmas card and how the huffman's are just the best... well... i'm waiting...

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice quilt! What a wonderful baby shower present!

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gorgeous! what a lucky baby. I will have to attempt one for my little one on the way.

4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful quilt! I love the colors. :)

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love this quilt. trying to get up the courage to try. after seeing yours, Julie's and Melissa's, I may just have to give it a go. nice job, hannah!

5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's beautiful Hannah! I love the colors. I was just at the fabric shop over the weekend looking for fabrics for a similar project. But as always became overwhelmed by the selection. Your quilt inspires me to try again.

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what beautiful colours you chose. I love this quilt- lucky parents!

11:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the quilt, love the colors!

8:16 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

Oh my gosh! I love this, Hannah. I have to confess that I don't know how to sew even a single stitch - please don't ostracize me! - but if I were going to take up quilting, it would be because of this. I want one right now!

11:34 AM  
Blogger molly | mommycoddle.com said...

now THIS i could do...i've got quilts on the brain but get so intimidated so I never start. But I'd really like to do one with all this amazing fabric my grandmother has given me. And one for the new baby, and emma, and mary, and....and....
this may be the push i need!! I LOVE it.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Wow - I love, love, LOVE this quilt. I have been planning to make one for a friend's upcoming wedding in just these colours! Inspiring!

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quilts always look impressive. It doesn't matter how easy they were (or were claimed to be), they're always so freakin cool when they're done. This one is simple and beautiful.

Pip
www.pipandtom.com

9:10 PM  
Blogger Toni said...

So great! Okay, that's another thing to add to my "want to do" list, I'm jotting it down right NOW :) Love the color combo too.

7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So easy. SO easy! Heck, she actually did it BY ACCIDENT.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Abby said...

Your quilt looks great. I think I may try this one out over Christmas break.

5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there!

I'm making a blog entry about quilts and blankets and I love this quilt, so is it OK, that I tag your photo to my blog? I will leave a referens to your page of course!

If its not ok, leave me a comment, so i will take it of.

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home