8.23.2006

hemming and hawing

hemming
no crafting yesterday, just some hemming for david. eliot and collette supplied the hawing...
silly face
silly face
i wonder if they got their silly faces from watching mom sew. hmmm... a very definite possibility. ok, so you all are probably going to kick me on this one, but i have been thinking about two big things on the sewing front: halloween and christmas. what? shut yo mouth. its true! there is halloween candy in the store for pete's sake (ha! i only know one pete)! is this happening all over the country?? i think it must be. so lets see, according to mass consumerism the year breaks down like this:
valentines day
st patricks day
easter
mothers day
fathers day
independence day
back to school
halloween
thanksgiving
christmas
in a perpetual cycle i guess. so of course it makes sense that we skip straight to halloween in august. and if i plan to stick to my guns from last halloween, then i should be working on this right away. the first thing that popped into my head was two peas and a pod. i like the family theme thing, which is funny because i dont go for themes anywhere else, no matchy matchy here. but i dont think i can get eliot to go along with the whole pod thing, and then what am i going to do with two girls dressed like peas? not much really. the real task at hand is getting eliot to commit to something so i can get going. and yes, you can picture me hassling him night and day for the next few weeks and yes i will try my best to dissuade all the transformer/robot/spaceman themes that are sure to crop up. bad mommy? maybe. i just had a brilliant thought that might fly, maybe they can all be legos?? everyone loves legos at our house, heck even arlo uses them for teething purposes. ok, stop blogging hannah and start planting lego seeds in eliots ear...

17 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

funny. halloween is in the air at our place too. by the time we get through with the big bug's bday i always find little time to get costumes in order. thinking about peas here too. (though of the princess and the... variety!)

1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes, it really is time to be thinking about Halloween already.

Best wishes with both the persuasion and the costume commitment. Around here, costume suggestions from mommy are the worst ever.

BTW I really love the lego idea. Wouldn't it be so cute if they could all click together too!

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man, Halloween already? Hmm...is it bad that I always choose Big J's costumes? I love the lego idea...very cute!

2:37 PM  
Blogger happylaney said...

Isn't it two peas IN a pod?

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jack told me yesterday he wants to be a fire ant. Good greif. How do I come up with that?

Last year I had to put together a Red Headed Woodpecker costume for him.

5:46 PM  
Blogger pixiegenne said...

your kids are adorable. love your boy's hair. my kids are already waaaay into halloween and have little interest in my ideas for costumes...

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not only must they all be legos. They must be lego pieces which can be fitted together to make something!!!

Your children will combine to form a single unit of poly-cuteness so profound it will actually alter the rotation of the earth!

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I kinda skipped Halloween today and bought some Christmas fabric! (bad me, but it was on sale...)

I do need to go back to Halloween though. The Lego idea is a good one -- who doesn't love Legos? I'll probably be making a bee costume. (Unless my mother insists on a fairy costume. For my daughter. Not my mother.)

6:55 PM  
Blogger bet(h) said...

what toby said.

10:13 PM  
Blogger molly | mommycoddle.com said...

i'm picturing a large family lego tower on display in your front yard for all trick or treaters to enjoy and observe...some type of yard art or something....
and oh my, i can't get past the end of august, let alone halloween!

5:39 AM  
Blogger stephanie said...

love the lego idea! i have tried to talk m&m to go in on a costume together, no success. this year mia would like to be "a little dutch girl" (this is just her ploy to get me to finally buy her real wooden shoes) and miles would like to be a pirate (boring).

7:57 AM  
Blogger Jennifer W. said...

As much as I love Fall, I always wince a little when I see the stores start gearing up for Halloween. Though it is first and foremost a fun time, I know it is also the point in time that I will be catapulted through the rest of the year. Good for you for getting an early start!

8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have SO much hemming to do. Good for you for doing the dirty work. =)

Pip

www.pipandtom.com

8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are some places that have had CHRISTMAS out since JULY! I've heard of Christmas in July, but that's a bit rediculous! As for the themed Halloween costumes, we have done it many years. Cat in the Hat w/ Thing 1 & 2. A Royal Family with Frog Prince. Little Red Riding Hood and Co. This year - Dorothy and gang.

11:26 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

When you're done making your trio's costumes, you wanna get started on my (now) duo's?

9:31 PM  
Blogger I'm Shannon said...

we're going for the "where the wild things are" theme and my older daughter will be max and the younger one a wild thing

2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK...I gotta know how you made the woodpecker costume...I don't know where she got the idea but my daughter is insisting on it...sorry to disturb your thread...but this is the only place on the web I could find anyone who'd made a woodpecker costume too!!

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home