8.22.2006

fabric endeavours

believe it or not, i had actually gotten out of the habit of going to the fabric store. i hadnt been in ages, but then kerry, sarah and i went fabric shopping for the quilt, and it kinda got the itch going again. i went back to pick up a bit of fabric for that baby gift i had to make for work. which incidentally got tossed onto a huuuuge pile of gifts. i guess i should reserve judgement until after the thank you note. eah. on the positive side of things, i picked up some goodness for myself. i am hopping to see a gigantic tote bag for myself out of the bubbles fabric and i couldnt resist these two sweet fat quarters.
dots and flowers
and dont you know, good things come in bunches?? the next day kerry surprised me with these two lovelies.
most excellent fabric
i mean come on, are you seeing those red and blue flowers, are you??? oh my. thank you kerry! and speaking of friends and fabric endeavours, the big big news is superbuzzy!! kelly and mariko have teamed up to bring us fabric and notions from japan, bless you ladies, bless you. i have already placed an order and can not wait to see my goodies in person. what a tuesday...

9 Comments:

Blogger christina said...

Oh my gosh. That is the exact fabric I have been looking for. Boy spotlight by Michael Miller. Can you tell me if the background is brown or black? It looks brown in your picture, and I was SO hoping it was brown.

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great finds hannah! thanks for the link too. i'm thinking little orange birds for baby room? i think i'll order some up today. also LOVE the apple tree & bird print!

9:26 AM  
Blogger julieree said...

don't you love how some days shopping is like opening up the floodgates? (well, i guess floods can be a bit dangerous...but they could be fun!)

beautiful fabrics. can't wait to see that bubble tote.

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love.it.all.

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The red and blue flowers are my favorite, but those are all great fabrics! I was checking out Superbuzzy yesterday -- want, want, want! But I really need to reduce my stash before buying more...

10:40 AM  
Blogger molly | mommycoddle.com said...

i can't wait to see that big bag in bubbles!
i just placed my superbuzzy order yesterday! amen!

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the superbuzzy info ... just placed my order!

love, love, love your new fabrics

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i guess good things (at least good fabric things!) must come in threes! thanks so much for the mention, and I have a feeling you're going to love the goods!

4:51 PM  
Blogger kimberly said...

There was a quilter's pick clearance table at JoAnns for a dollar a yard...I could hardly contain myself... I mean seriously, you can't buy too much when it's that price, even if you don't have anything to use it for yet.

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home